Hand Flying policy

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 20
Go to
Quote: If you think you are hand flying an Airbus, you are mistaken.
Then you'd have to say the same thing about the F-16, which has the same control law.
I think I sat next to you once. You're that guy who told me airliners weren't designed to be hand flown. And you set out trying to prove it with every landing.
If you fly an airbus currently, I don't want my family on your plane.
Quote: I think I sat next to you once. You're that guy who told me airliners weren't designed to be hand flown. And you set out trying to prove it with every landing.
I bet you are one of those fun guys who punches off the AT every landing too....

So much fun. So many printouts after all your approaches.

And really..... What's the point of hand-flying the damn thing? It doesn't have a "feel." You really aren't doing anything except following the FD. Whoop Tee Doo!
Quote: I bet you are one of those fun guys who punches off the AT every landing too....

So much fun. So many printouts after all your approaches.

And really..... What's the point of hand-flying the damn thing? It doesn't have a "feel." You really aren't doing anything except following the FD. Whoop Tee Doo!
Printouts after turning off the AT? What kind of ham fisted gorillas do you fly with?

The ones at our airline that leave it on every landing and think there is no feel are the scary ones that end up getting into trouble. That scan atrophies QUICK when you operate the way you describe. Turn off the FD's too and fly a visual pattern... you might find she even has a feel to her.
For whatever reason, my airline REQUIRES the AT to come off when the autopilot does.
Maddog.

I hand fly a lot. Whether I want to or not.
Quote: For whatever reason, my airline REQUIRES the AT to come off when the autopilot does.
Courious...what airline?
Quote: For whatever reason, my airline REQUIRES the AT to come off when the autopilot does.
Follow up... what kind of airplane??
Hand Flying policy
Quote: Courious...what airline?

Southwest 737. Hand flying with AT is ok for takeoff and initial climb, but otherwise the AP has to be on it you're using the AT.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 20
Go to