Regionals "out to get you?"

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
Quote: If you are a CA anywhere and do not like the FO looking into the wx, Notams, logbook, etc... you are doing it wrong
Sometimes the 20 minute turn gets in the way. But there is a few minutes in cruise (unless you're doing Allentown turns out of Philly) for some learning to occur
Quote: I like to reach up when theyre not looking and turn the ELT on. I cant stop laughing when they report an elt to center and its us!

121 ELTs transmit to satellites, and identify the AC hull number. You'll get an ACARS from company minutes later.
Back when ACARS was a new thing, some CA (who knew it wasn’t yet operational) typed in a nasty remark about the CEO and pressed the button.
But it was operational.
Quote: 121 ELTs transmit to satellites, and identify the AC hull number. You'll get an ACARS from company minutes later.
I dont really do that.
Quote: I dont really do that.
121.5/243 isn't monitored by satellites any longer due to all the false alarms and never had beacon ID. Don't sweat it. And don't do it again.
I liked to repeatedly squeeze the the thrust reverser levers during engine start. When the fo asked why I told them I was priming the engines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: 121.5/243 isn't monitored by satellites any longer due to all the false alarms and never had beacon ID. Don't sweat it. And don't do it again.
SKW ELT's most definitely will flag the tail number and will get a very fast response from whoever monitors ELT's, via the company. I've proven that empirically...

121.5/243 are obsolete, but still in use by GA. Big boys use 406MHz units which are in fact monitored by satellites... CFI's might not know that.
Some new Captains at envoy don't know how to come up with bingo fuel.
Quote: Some new Captains at envoy don't know how to come up with bingo fuel.
Because they didn't go to that overpriced institution of student debt servitude you went to, right? Maybe you can shine the light on their lack of knowledge, oh wise one.
Quote: Because they didn't go to that overpriced institution of student debt servitude you went to, right? Maybe you can shine the light on their lack of knowledge, oh wise one.

He must be kidding. There is no way in heck that someone could pass upgrade without being able to demonstrate that they can divert.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to