Why I chose FedEX

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 
Page 22 of 24
Go to
Quote: If you're gonna quote me, then quote the entire sentence. You can pick and choose whatever you want from my posts and twist it's meaning all you want.

Getting the truth out about our hiring practices will hopefully result in some positive changes. The point of this entire thread was to focus on FedEx interview screening and how there is NO PILOT involvement in that process. That may result in some bias towards both Civilian and Military pilots with a solid background who happen to know folks here and receive 1 or more PEs. You SNAPS want to continue to make this a military vs Civilian thing.

"All you SNAPs are doing in this thread is creating a divide in our pilot group between all the great folks we have from both military and civilian backgrounds."
You are certainly sensitive, aren't you? I quoted that part to point out that you are doing a great job of trying to divide the entire crew force.

Maybe this is just my way of micro-agressively mentoring you.

Go Navy!
Quote: You are certainly sensitive, aren't you? I quoted that part to point out that you are doing a great job of trying to divide the entire crew force.

Maybe this is just my way of micro-agressively mentoring you.

Go Navy!
And you still avoid the real subject and drop Chaff trying to decoy everyone off topic.

Do you really feel our screening process is not broken?
Do you really feel there's no bias toward those pilots with PEs?
Quote: Why I chose FedEx..........
Sincerely,
A Proud FedEx Captain
The fact is, FedEx chose me. I simply applied to every airline and they gave me the first job offer.

-A Grateful FedEx Captain

P.S. I want to express my thanks to United for turning me down.
Quote: And you still avoid the real subject and drop Chaff trying to decoy everyone off topic.

Do you really feel our screening process is not broken?
Do you really feel there's no bias toward those pilots with PEs?
I have no idea if there is bias towards those with PE's other than what has been stated in this thread. I think that a PE should carry some weight, but not trump everything else.

Pilots do the interviewing. Pilots do the sim qualification rides. Pilots conduct OE. Pilots write the PEP's. If so many bad apples are getting through, then it is our fault. Faceless posts on an Internet forum aren't going to fix any problems.

I have flown with a lot of new hires, both civilian and military, and they have all been very good. Your posts, however, seem to insinuate that unless you had a PE, you are just barely above the bar and only got your job as part of some quota. If I were a new hire, I would be offended.
Quote: I have no idea if there is bias towards those with PE's other than what has been stated in this thread. I think that a PE should carry some weight, but not trump everything else.

Pilots do the interviewing. Pilots do the sim qualification rides. Pilots conduct OE. Pilots write the PEP's. If so many bad apples are getting through, then it is our fault. Faceless posts on an Internet forum aren't going to fix any problems.

I have flown with a lot of new hires, both civilian and military, and they have all been very good. Your posts, however, seem to insinuate that unless you had a PE, you are just barely above the bar and only got your job as part of some quota. If I were a new hire, I would be offended.
1) PEs are actually hurting people, that' the point.
Is there proof? Yes there is.

2) Three Years ago, too many letters were hurting people. Do we have proof? I got that information from an incredibly reliable source in an effort to get some overly qualified people here.

3) Have we interviewed pilots with lower scores before those with higher scores (because the higher scoring candidates had PEs)? Yes we have. Do we have proof? Yes we do.

4) Am I trying to insult those we've hired in the past 3 years? No, I've actually trained some off those young CRJ types we have referenced (all civilian) and they have been incredibly sharp.

5) Did we pass on interviewing a Test Pilot School Graduate who happened to be a Space X pilot? Yes we did. Did we interview and hire others long before ever calling him that obviously would have scored lower on the Kavorkian Matirx? Yes we did.

Can we stick to the facts and not make this personal? I'm hoping the answer is yes.

Can we get off this Military vs Civilian BS and stick to the facts? I'm hoping so. That's up you and those like you.
Quote: 1) PEs are actually hurting people, that' the point.
Is there proof? Yes there is.

2) Three Years ago, too many letters were hurting people. Do we have proof? I have that very an incredibly reliable source, someone else may have proof.

3) Have we interviewed pilots with lower scores before those with higher scores (because the higher scoring candidates had PEs)? Yes we have. Do we have proof? Yes we do.

4) Am I trying to insult those we've hired in the past 3 years? No, I've actually trained some off those young CRJ types we have referenced (all civilian) and they have been incredibly sharp.

5) Did we pass interviewing a Test Pilot School Graduate who happened to be a Space X pilot? Yes we did. Did we interview and hire others long before ever calling him that obviously would have scored lower on the Kavorkian Matirx? Yes we did.

Can we stick the Facts and not make this personal? I'm hoping the answer is yes.

Can we get off this Military vs Civilian BS and stick to the facts? I'm hoping so. That's up you and those like you.
who cares. It’s not your job or my job to pick candidates. It’s our job to mentor them when they get online. I haven’t seen a drop off in quality of candidates that come through the school house.
Quote: Can we get off this Military vs Civilian BS and stick to the facts? I'm hoping so. That's up you and those like you.
Were did I make this a military vs civilian thing? As a military pilot, I simply was having fun with your SNAP acronym. Maybe you should lighten up and stop being a SNAP.
Quote:
Can we stick to the facts and not make this personal? I'm hoping the answer is yes.
Then stop making it personal.
Quote: 5) Did we pass on interviewing a Test Pilot School Graduate who happened to be a Space X pilot? Yes we did. Did we interview and hire others long before ever calling him that obviously would have scored lower on the Kavorkian Matirx? Yes we did.
I know nothing about this guy, or most of the “highly qualified” folks not getting invites but my gut tells me there’s more to the story.

Could be:
-Recency of experience (military guys with rank that haven’t been flying often enough)
-Not updating application often enough
-Maybe even a skeleton or two in the closet they don’t want to share.
-Errors on the app

Plus lots and lots of other possibilities
Additionally my understanding is that a panel of captains reviews applicants as well before interview invitations are extended. That may not highlight everyone we want to see get hired, but should filter some out.
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 
Page 22 of 24
Go to