iPad Thread

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 23
Go to
Quote: Sweet. Looking forward to getting my hands on it. If for nothing else the slow boot up speed of the surface. Buhbye
Just to be clear, we only get own ship position on the standard taxi charts, which works great but is not as fancy as the AMM feature above. Delta opted not to pay for that, I guess.
Quote: Sweet. Looking forward to getting my hands on it. If for nothing else the slow boot up speed of the surface. Buhbye
Got my iPad yesterday. Dropped off the surface at the UPS store 2 hours later!
Quote: Got my iPad yesterday. Dropped off the surface at the UPS store 2 hours later!
It's been said before...

We need a "LIKE" Button!!!
Quote: Yes. But no AMM as of now.
It also shows your position on the approach plate but not the STAR/SID.
The upgraded version of Jepp FD now shows the STAR/SID depiction if the respective chart is to scale.
Wouldn't seem to be too much of a leap to have the 10-9 pages automatically depict taxiways and runways that are NOTAM'd closed.
I believe the AMM does that.
Quote: Yes. But no AMM as of now.
It also shows your position on the approach plate but not the STAR/SID.
Yes, it shows position on STAR/SID and taxi chart with position pops up automatically at 60Kts (or other speed you pre-set)....very big improvement!
For those that have returned the surface already, do we keep the anker battery?

Do we even still need it with the (presumably) better battery life on the iPads?
Quote: For those that have returned the surface already, do we keep the anker battery?

Do we even still need it with the (presumably) better battery life on the iPads?
I know any battery gets bad with age but it's fun looking at this thing drain a 1% every 30 min vs the older surface. But that one day will change, my last iPhone had a pitiful battery life in time. I heard the battery will lose 20% capacity in a year, I've also heard that life of the battery is dependent on charges so small charges are not good. Idk.

But for now this is nice. But if any apple fanboys know the answer (Google search has been too wordy on this) how should we treat these batteries? Drain to 5% before ever charging?
Charge it when you need to charge it. Supposedly the battery’s been designed to be able to be charged 1000 times. So about 3 years if you charge it everyday.

I get about 3 days use before needing to charge the iPad, so basically I charge the iPad once a week in the airplane.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 23
Go to