USA Jet Hiring NOW-Better than a Regional???

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 12
Go to
Quote: We fly at night to Mexico, without radar, flying arcs to VORs. We also do trips where you fly at night from a little uncontrolled field in the Midwest
...is it just me or does that sound a little shady?
Just you. That's how the freight dogs do it.
Quote: I have heard that some places look down at cargo time. Also I know a number of guys how worked out of PTK for IFL and hated it. One even went back to instructing.

Just my 2 cents
What places would that be?
So far IFL has had 2 leave for eagle, 1 for republic, 5 for express jet, 4 to Spirit and 3 to other 135 operators or corporate 91 stuff, that many since August of 06. Mainly all fo's leaving, i think only 2 captains out of the bunch.
But non of those places looked down at their time, nor did they look down at mine from flying freight. The interviewers seemed more excited and had alot of questions because they are so unfamiliar with that type of operation and the type of aircraft was a little intriguing to them.
Any more info on USA Jet? Anyone currently working there?
Hey ATPCLIFF I flew the DC 9 there back in 2000 then got furloughed with about 25 of us just wondering is steve Scr.... still there?? and is jay the cheif still??
Quote: ...is it just me or does that sound a little shady?
Just you, this is how we fly approaches in Mexico...is the only way, as only 40% of the markets we serve have radar coverage.
I've heard they no longer have an applicant pool and are starting a classes for one person. Is there shortage that bad? What are the requirements to get on as DC-9 FO now?
Quote: Hey ATPCLIFF I flew the DC 9 there back in 2000 then got furloughed with about 25 of us just wondering is steve Scr.... still there?? and is jay the cheif still??
Nope JW is at Spirit flying the line and lovin it.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 12
Go to