MCO "major annoucement"

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 34
Go to
Quote: We could do a fuel stop. Example, if we wanted to operate ORD-TLC-BOG, we could but no pax could get on or off in Mexico City (only purpose is to refuel), otherwise that would be cabatoge. If we were to do that we would need permission from the Mexican government aswell. Highly unlikely to be approved.
I’m sorry I guess it would be like DFW-TLC-BOG
Quote: they take nj taxes regardless of where you live
No they do not.
Quote: No they do not.
Then how do I fix this... I don't live there but am based there, and they take my money...
They did the 3 years I was based there. I live in FL, so I beg to differ.
You couldn't be more wrong
Might be a good question for the United guys.
Quote: they wont have annnnnyyyy trouble staffing an mco base when/if it opens, it will go fairly senior

totally agree, plenty of folks living in MCO would jump at the chance. Plus TPA guys would do it too.
Quote: Oh sorry

... uh yeah Spirit will be starting theses new routes.

SAT-TLC 4X week
SAT-ORD daily
SAT-FLL daily
SAT-TPA 3X week

DFW-ACA daily
DFW-TLC (re-start) 4X week
DFW-PTY daily

ONT-EWR daily
ONT-DTW daily
ONT-CLE 3X week
Yay for no Intl override in Mexico. Brilliant!
Quote: Then how do I fix this... I don't live there but am based there, and they take my money...
If I remember correctly there are certain employment type taxes you’ll have to pay if you don’t live there but I think when you file your taxes you will be refunded all the state income taxes you paid. It’s been a while since I was based in Jersey but I think that’s how it worked.

Now that I think about it I don’t think they take state income taxes out if you don’t live there. I live in a state without income tax and I know for sure when I was ord based there was no state income tax withheld. Jersey is further in the past. Heck, many delta pilots living in Florida but domiciles in income tax states including GA.
Federal protects you as Transportation worker. Taxes are based on Residency not were you fly out of. DTW tried this crap in the 90's. Ohio tried a couple years ago. Cities try it all the time, call NJ and I'm sure they have a form for you to fill out why you're exempt.
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 34
Go to