Search
Notices

[Breeze] Airways

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 07:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
This sounds like the preamble to the FordHarrison Universal Union Busting Handbook.

I award you zero points due to your lack of originality and creativity. Sounds like Breeze management has a lot to learn before they advance in union busting level. This is 1990s bush league BS.
I’m actually very glad for them that management isn’t screwing with them or playing hardball. That means an industry standard contract should be easy to sign on a pretty quick timeline!

that will happen, right?
Old 08-26-2022, 09:44 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2022

Does anyone have more info on their Boost Program? Has anyone even done it?
Old 08-26-2022, 12:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
I’m actually very glad for them that management isn’t screwing with them or playing hardball. That means an industry standard contract should be easy to sign on a pretty quick timeline!

that will happen, right?
You would think that by now even management knows they really don’t have much of a choice; but I have been blown away by their incompetence before.

Originally Posted by thecanman View Post
Does anyone have more info on their Boost Program? Has anyone even done it?
The entire program is brand new and some type of a trial. No one but recruitment would know much of anything about it. You move to Orlando or Gulf Shores, AL and fly 500 hours with a partner flight school. Then who knows how long you’re on the hook for
Old 08-26-2022, 03:21 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2022

Yeah I’m just wondering because I’m only 200 away from my reduced mins at 1250. I’m wondering if they only hire at unrestricted mins…but thanks
Old 08-27-2022, 07:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Well, no more Mesa refugees it looks like, with their new pay. Skywest is close to a deal too. Don’t know about Republic but I’m sure they’ll have to match as well. Where will Breeze find the pilots for this planned big growth?
Old 08-27-2022, 08:40 AM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by shortspatula View Post
Well, no more Mesa refugees it looks like, with their new pay. Skywest is close to a deal too. Don’t know about Republic but I’m sure they’ll have to match as well. Where will Breeze find the pilots for this planned big growth?
All you guys need to do is quote DN- "where's my RJ rates + 20%?"
Old 08-28-2022, 02:48 AM
Line Holder

Position: A220 FO

Originally Posted by bonvoyage View Post
I think there was some email that I saw about it. It’s a “trial program”. Whatever that means. I have no info on a commitment you would owe the company for having them pay for your last 300 hours. Email recruitment for details.

I still always say to potential pilots with no 121 experience, tread lightly. Our training is spitballed for already-typed, previous 121 experienced pilots. Not saying you won’t make it, it’s just something to consider. Regionals have established training programmes already in place that are better suited for new hires
I see a lot of people warning off who don’t have prior 121 experience or a type rating. I don’t technically have 121 experience nor a FAA type rating. I’m originally from the UK and have a class date with breeze in the coming weeks.

I do have about 3 years experience of airline flying from the UK and two type ratings. Would you say my experience will count for anything in helping me get through the breeze training? I know they’re both different kettle of fish, but thought I’d ask the question anyway!
Old 08-28-2022, 05:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Mscott View Post
I see a lot of people warning off who don’t have prior 121 experience or a type rating. I don’t technically have 121 experience nor a FAA type rating. I’m originally from the UK and have a class date with breeze in the coming weeks.

I do have about 3 years experience of airline flying from the UK and two type ratings. Would you say my experience will count for anything in helping me get through the breeze training? I know they’re both different kettle of fish, but thought I’d ask the question anyway!
a kettle of fish with some chips and a tin of biscuits !!!
Old 08-28-2022, 05:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Mscott View Post

You'll definitely have a leg up compared to CFI's, but I don't think they really cover the specifics of 121 & 117 regs because they're used to newhires already knowing them cold.

What did you fly in the UK? Off the top of my head are you familiar with or could you learn on your own (FAA) takeoff minimums, alternate minimums, two navaid rule, max flight time and duty limits, the categories of MELs etc. (possibly similar or identical?) There's a lot of little stuff that could all add up to make you unsuccessful during training or IOE
Old 08-28-2022, 05:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by CLE to IAH View Post
a kettle of fish with some chips and a tin of biscuits !!!
we don't cotton to those types round here