Most junior FOs Lineholders/Base

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 20
Go to
Lots of 200% lately in the -200 that's why I like the jet. But that article is spot on.
Quote: Trying to decide on 200 or 900 in NYC. Any news on how much reserve time I'd save by going 200 in NYC currently?
Are you already on property? If you're a soon to be new hire and the last four of your social doesnt start with a 9, you may be forced onto one or the other depending on staffing needs
Last four of my social are 97**, and I'm in a July class.
Since the hiring freeze is over, and classes are booked at 60 pilots/month for a while ahead, I wonder how fast I could get off reserve on the 900 in NYC.

If the reserve difference between 200 vs 900 is three or four months, I'd probably go 200 and just look forward to the end of the 12-month seat lock.
Quote: Last four of my social are 97**, and I'm in a July class.
Since the hiring freeze is over, and classes are booked at 60 pilots/month for a while ahead, I wonder how fast I could get off reserve on the 900 in NYC.

If the reserve difference between 200 vs 900 is three or four months, I'd probably go 200 and just look forward to the end of the 12-month seat lock.
Welcome aboard. You have a strong chance of getting whatever you would like. Reserve is going to be longer on the 900 but it’s a moving target so hard to say how much longer than on the 200. Also, the seat lock is 18 months
Quote: Last four of my social are 97**, and I'm in a July class.

We still have 2017 hires on reserve in the 900.
900 > 200 imo.. You'll save yourself a lot of grief and hassle.
Quote: 900 > 200 imo.. You'll save yourself a lot of grief and hassle.
Back that up with reasons. We all know the 900 is superior from a design and customer comfort standpoint
Quote: Back that up with reasons. We all know the 900 is superior from a design and customer comfort standpoint
More planes - more lines and more opportunities. More pay, longer legs, newer fleet, 200 is on the way out and etc.
Quote: Back that up with reasons. We all know the 900 is superior from a design and customer comfort standpoint
Better productivity. A good 200 4-day is 20-22 hours, a bad 900 one is 22. Even as the bottom lineholder, you can credit 22-24 hrs per 4 day. Sure you might be credit pushed for a few months, but even with that you can manage 100+hrs of credit with 12-13 off. Not ideal but if you're away from home, you might as well get paid well for it.

I have more time on the deuce than anything else in the skies, and stuck with it until we started parking them the second time. Tattoo on your arm "don't be on a dying fleet".

Disclaimer, 200 is probably the better aircraft if you want DTW or somehow managed it in ATL before the doors closed on movement there.
Wait, is ATL no longer moving? Wondering if its still an option for a NH?
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 20
Go to