Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
76  126  166  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  180  186  226  276 
Page 176 of 435
Go to
Alternative sources of income.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/amp/Former-United-pilot-admits-to-running-Houston-12360600.php
Quote: Alternative sources of income.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chr...n-12360600.php
Nobody said pimpin' was easy.

Do you know what I am saying?
Anyone have an avg time from completing app to hearing something if you got an interview?

Thanks
Quote: Anyone have an avg time from completing app to hearing something if you got an interview?

Thanks
2 months about
Quote: I'm thinking of rental properties, additional sources of income I can continue to do beyond age 65. 401K is nice but not enough
As one who has navigated this corner of the industry for almost 40 years, I have a bit of advice (I know you are just hanging on the straps in anticipation...)

Make an effort every check to sit some aside. For your younger folk that is a tough choice with kids to care for. But, if you just do it now, it will pay off in spades up the road.

Our industry has had a turbulent past and will likely have a turbulent future. The fatted cow is here at the moment, but next week it could be an emaciated hulk. Invest in your future when you have the $ to do so. You can let the car go for one more year and put the full ride in your 401. And, just for giggles, throw another 10% in an investment account. Or, buy a rental property and let your tenants pay the mortgage for you. End game, free house to sell.

The real take for you youngins' is to plan for the eventual pendulum turn. It is for sure gong to happen in your career.

Just sayin'...
Quote: As one who has navigated this corner of the industry for almost 40 years, I have a bit of advice (I know you are just hanging on the straps in anticipation...)

Make an effort every check to sit some aside. For your younger folk that is a tough choice with kids to care for. But, if you just do it now, it will pay off in spades up the road.

Our industry has had a turbulent past and will likely have a turbulent future. The fatted cow is here at the moment, but next week it could be an emaciated hulk. Invest in your future when you have the $ to do so. You can let the car go for one more year and put the full ride in your 401. And, just for giggles, throw another 10% in an investment account. Or, buy a rental property and let your tenants pay the mortgage for you. End game, free house to sell.

The real take for you youngins' is to plan for the eventual pendulum turn. It is for sure gong to happen in your career.

Just sayin'...
Well said OC! Best advice I’ve read on APC in a long while!!

FAJ
Quote: I’ve found even the 50 hourish lines are pushing above guarantee when R2s are thrown in. Mileage may vary.
Quick (I.e. sloppy) math says 13 fly days (3 1/7s) times the reserve pay of 4 hours is 52 a month. So if you actually block 13 ‘real’ hours in 16 days, you’ll break guarantee; that is roughly the minimum trip to and fro Europe (BLG to DOV with tailwinds). So pretty good chance you’ll break on the 744 even when the flying is thin.

I flew icky old Turkish this month and hit 91... zero complaints, except for the tomato and cheese sandwiches.

Dear God, tomato and cheese sandwiches now haunt my nightmares.
Quote: Quick (I.e. sloppy) math says 13 fly days (3 1/7s) times the reserve pay of 4 hours is 52 a month. So if you actually block 13 ‘real’ hours in 16 days, you’ll break guarantee; that is roughly the minimum trip to and fro Europe (BLG to DOV with tailwinds). So pretty good chance you’ll break on the 744 even when the flying is thin.

I flew icky old Turkish this month and hit 91... zero complaints, except for the tomato and cheese sandwiches.

Dear God, tomato and cheese sandwiches now haunt my nightmares.
Yeah... Turkish catering. 🤮 At least I don’t gain weight when doing that flying.
Quote: As one who has navigated this corner of the industry for almost 40 years, I have a bit of advice (I know you are just hanging on the straps in anticipation...)

Just sayin'...
Yes...that is much better than retiring at 185k per year like our last 50 senior guys have. Everyone saves and has 1 or 2 million outside of retirement but not having or accepting anything in retirement that seems nuts. We had guys taking 2mil buyouts plus 2 mil in 401k plus profit sharing of 400k..you guys are worth more. Industry standard DC is like 14%. Everyone needs to stop settling for less.
Phase 2
Last Aug I was moved into phase 2 (stage 2) in the application process but never heard from HR thereafter.

Should I reapply or write to HR?
Thanks
76  126  166  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  180  186  226  276 
Page 176 of 435
Go to