Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
98  148  188  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  202  208  248  298 
Page 198 of 435
Go to
My guess is that they were individually selected BECAUSE of the experience and culture they bring to the table.
Quote: Nothing against the pilots hired off the street, but you risk losing the culture, procedures, and standards you’ve developed over all these years by utilizing street hires who are brand new to the company.
Some would say hiring 100 Express Jet guys would also change the culture. They haven't, they fit right in.
Quote: My guess is that they were individually selected BECAUSE of the experience and culture they bring to the table.
The one I met is a freight dog, nice guy, fits right in.
Quote: Nothing against the pilots hired off the street, but you risk losing the culture, procedures, and standards you’ve developed over all these years by utilizing street hires who are brand new to the company.
Ummmm. Sure.
Quote: This is a very dark interpretation of the companies reasoning for bringing in experienced Captains as Initial Cadre and to help with IOE.
I’m not interpreting anything, just stating the facts. How would I know the reason the company decided to do this; They didn’t bother giving the pilot group a heads up memo of please bare with us, but we need to do this because... If you know the reason the company did things this way, then by all means, reveal the secret.

They risk losing FOs that are on the fence about leaving for other airlines as they find out from word of mouth on the line, and react with WTF!?
Quote: I’m interpreting anything, just stating the facts. How would I know the reason the company decided to do this; They didn’t bother giving the pilot group a heads up memo of please bare with us, but we need to do this because... If you know the reason the company did things this way, then by all means, reveal the secret.

They risk losing FOs that are on the fence about leaving for other airlines as they find out from word of mouth on the line, and react with WTF!?
Not following you here, it's in the contract, its allowed. My understanding is that they came with the airplanes. Who would this **** off and make leave? Some of our FO's who came from another 777 operator who would of wanted to be part of the initial cadre?
Quote: Not following you here, it's in the contract, its allowed. My understanding is that they came with the airplanes. Who would this **** off and make leave? Some of our FO's who came from another 777 operator who would of wanted to be part of the initial cadre?
They came with the plane(s)? I don’t think it’s hard to understand guys in a US seniority system getting a little upset about seeing people way junior to them taking seats they have a bid in for. Some I’ve heard talking about it had no idea it was even in the contract, including long time captains.
Quote: They came with the plane(s)? I don’t think it’s hard to understand guys in a US seniority system getting a little upset about seeing people way junior to them taking seats they have a bid in for. Some I’ve heard talking about it had no idea it was even in the contract, including long time captains.
They must never have read the contract then. I think it was in the old contract too. It certainly has been in contracts at other airlines I have been at. The reality is than in about 210 days these guys will either be in the training department, FO's or gone. It was and is legal and we now just have to live with it.
Quote: They came with the plane(s)? I don’t think it’s hard to understand guys in a US seniority system getting a little upset about seeing people way junior to them taking seats they have a bid in for. Some I’ve heard talking about it had no idea it was even in the contract, including long time captains.
Perhaps you could go on comply 365 and search the Collective Bargaining Agreement, or if you are technically challenged, you could reach out to a union Representative for clarification on this issue. This might influence your decision regarding trying to promote your dark and completely inaccurate description of what has occurred here.

You do realize that if K4 has an Atlas run of bad luck we may not be large enough to weather that storm without significant pain. Safety always needs to be number one for us as a Union and as a Company
Quote: Perhaps you could go on comply 365 and search the Collective Bargaining Agreement, or if you are technically challenged, you could reach out to a union Representative for clarification on this issue. This might influence your decision regarding trying to promote your dark and completely inaccurate description of what has occurred here.

You do realize that if K4 has an Atlas run of bad luck we may not be large enough to weather that storm without significant pain. Safety always needs to be number one for us as a Union and as a Company
Safety is an issue here?

So what are you insinuating?

We have fully and highly experienced international 747 Captains that could have taken over the 777 fleet no problem???

Safety is an issue here?

Funny I didnt see any street Captains hired into the 767????

Clarification please...

And Yes it's in the CBA...
98  148  188  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  202  208  248  298 
Page 198 of 435
Go to