Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
122  172  212  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  225  226  232  272  322 
Page 222 of 435
Go to
Quote: Just a heads up for those interviewing that I heard there has been a change to the technical portion.
At some point you will be given an iPad or iPhone with an email account open and a mass email message. You will be asked to respond to the sender of the email. If you “reply all” the interview is over and you will be shown the door.
Thank Christ.
When is K4 going to buy Southern?
Quote: When is K4 going to buy Southern?
And so starts the next rumor
Quote: When is K4 going to buy Southern?
I know most people believe that Atlas managment is insane but to believe this rumor you'd have to be insane too. Do you really think they spent millions fighting to amalgamate the SA and Atlas contracts and years of lost good will with customers and employees to simply sell Southern and end up back where they were three years ago? I don't.
A conversion program for the 777-300ER was just announced. Wonder if several of those may end up in our fleet within the next few years. Emirates is mentioned as having the most 777-300ERs in service and they do retire them relatively early. Something to watch considering our current 777F is former Emirates. Converted 777s would have a lower cargo density capability than the factory freighters, so they would most likely end up doing DHL-type flying.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ersion-461491/
Quote: A conversion program for the 777-300ER was just announced. Wonder if several of those may end up in our fleet within the next few years. Emirates is mentioned as having the most 777-300ERs in service and they do retire them relatively early. Something to watch considering our current 777F is former Emirates. Converted 777s would have a lower cargo density capability than the factory freighters, so they would most likely end up doing DHL-type flying.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ersion-461491/
Right, but these are -300s and the factory freighters are -200s right? The article says it has 10 more pallets than a factory -200.

I have no idea how much space a factory -300 “would have” if they ever made them. It certainly would be cool to get these on property at K4.

Any word on how many pilots they want to hire in the near future? I know the focus is 777, but how many?
Quote: Right, but these are -300s and the factory freighters are -200s right? The article says it has 10 more pallets than a factory -200.

I have no idea how much space a factory -300 “would have” if they ever made them. It certainly would be cool to get these on property at K4.

Any word on how many pilots they want to hire in the near future? I know the focus is 777, but how many?
The 777F is based on the 777-200LR, which both use the GE90-110. The 777-300ER uses a GE90-115, so the factory freighter and a 300ER conversion would both effectively use the same engine. The difference is that the 300ER is longer and has more pallet positions, but can't support the cargo density that the F can due (in part) to the 300ER's composite floor beams. The F and 300ER share the same type certificate and probably very similar maintenance requirements.
Quote: I know most people believe that Atlas managment is insane but to believe this rumor you'd have to be insane too. Do you really think they spent millions fighting to amalgamate the SA and Atlas contracts and years of lost good will with customers and employees to simply sell Southern and end up back where they were three years ago? I don't.
ABSOLUTELY.

Atlas management has proven they can neither staff nor run the current operation. They have outright parked 777's and use extended mx to park 747's and 767's on occasion.

My prediction is ATSG buys Southern at the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021.

Atlas has an unmanageable debt load. It is coming due.
Why would Connie want to buy a failing company if he can just hire their pilots and give them better pay/contract?
Quote: The 777F is based on the 777-200LR, which both use the GE90-110. The 777-300ER uses a GE90-115, so the factory freighter and a 300ER conversion would both effectively use the same engine. The difference is that the 300ER is longer and has more pallet positions, but can't support the cargo density that the F can due (in part) to the 300ER's composite floor beams. The F and 300ER share the same type certificate and probably very similar maintenance requirements.
Understood. Thanks for the explanation.
122  172  212  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  225  226  232  272  322 
Page 222 of 435
Go to