Republic vs. PSA

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 16
Go to
Quote: Welcome to the regionals. In the recent past pilots sat reserve for years and years at regional wages never making more than about $30,000-$35,000 /year. It’s all about perspective.
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Thanks to all of you guys who weighed in to help frame some big decisions - I'm very grateful. Cheers!
Quote: Thanks to all of you guys who weighed in to help frame some big decisions - I'm very grateful. Cheers!
Any newly assigned CMH FO's on freq? How's life? Reserve time (months) and expectations for flying during reserve periods? Crashpad/hotel/shelter recommendations? Commutability from CLT? Parking situation (at station or home airport)? Thanks in advance!
Republic is the right choice right now. Like people said, shorter rsv by alot, work rules, not READY reserve (huge). I had offers from Endeavor, Skywest and Republic and thought about it forever! 😂.
Quote: Republic is the right choice right now. Like people said, shorter rsv by alot, work rules, not READY reserve (huge). I had offers from Endeavor, Skywest and Republic and thought about it forever! 😂.
Work rules, really? PSA has SAP for lineholders, and that pretty much trumps any work rule you can imagine.
PSA pay increase really ups their game. I’m waiting on a class date at Republic and I’ve already had 2 people I know from PSA contact me about applying. The new pay seems nice, but I liked the whole package from Republic. Am I being crazy by not really looking at PSA? I hadn’t considered them before because of the lower pay and lack of trip/duty rigs. Now the pay is more than Republic, which makes them hard to ignore (got to pay back those student loans!)
Quote: Work rules, really? PSA has SAP for lineholders, and that pretty much trumps any work rule you can imagine.
Wait, don't you work for Envoy? So what would you know about SAP and how good it is over at PSA? I've heard from more then one person that works there that it is nowhere as good as it used to be. btw, Republic has SAP now too.

On another note, congrats to PSA on the new pay raise! That can only mean good things for the rest of the industry.
Quote: PSA pay increase really ups their game. I’m waiting on a class date at Republic and I’ve already had 2 people I know from PSA contact me about applying. The new pay seems nice, but I liked the whole package from Republic. Am I being crazy by not really looking at PSA? I hadn’t considered them before because of the lower pay and lack of trip/duty rigs. Now the pay is more than Republic, which makes them hard to ignore (got to pay back those student loans!)

FO pay is greater. PSA captain pay is only a few bucks less the Republic. Republics contract is up for early negotiations at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dont psa got crj 200s. That 15 min flight time life! 6-8 legs a day, screw that.
Quote: Dont psa got crj 200s. That 15 min flight time life! 6-8 legs a day, screw that.
The funny thing about the 200 is that we frequently utilize it on longer legs than the 7/900!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 16
Go to