Swift Air - The truth

Subscribe
30  70  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  90  130 
Page 80 of 163
Go to
Quote: So as a company you decide to buy old worn out planes and the only people you can hire are generally low jet time with very little experience because you don’t want to pay the going rate.

Now add to that mix your new parent company makes you use one of the worst maintenance company’s in the country to keep those old worn out planes in the air.

Five planes out of service?

Shocker!
d

How many of your planes are old USAir 73s?
Quote: d

How many of your planes are old USAir 73s?
I believe nine are ex USAir
Quote: I believe nine are ex USAir
Make that eleven, nine 400s and two 300s
Quote: Make that eleven, nine 400s and two 300s
I thought I saw 513US in MBJ last year. 442US was the last 737 I flew in 2012. Hard to believe they are still flying.
Quote: MELs are a dispatch function. Once you are off the gate you go by the QRH and the checklist. Do not use the MEL as guidance once you have pushed.

At every airline I have worked for, including some nonscheduled freight carriers, if an item has been written up for the same fault more than a couple of times it is determined that it has a “history” and the plane is grounded until the part has been replaced
What he said. One thing is to review the Mel to know how it may affect your next flight, but not to make decisions on the current flight.
Quote: What he said. One thing is to review the Mel to know how it may affect your next flight, but not to make decisions on the current flight.
Don’t quite agree here.
Take for instance the altitude Alerter, the QRH won’t tell you that you can’t fly in RVSM Airspace but the MEL/DDG does.
Quote: Don’t quite agree here.
Take for instance the altitude Alerter, the QRH won’t tell you that you can’t fly in RVSM Airspace but the MEL/DDG does.

The supplement section of the AFM, depending on the after market installation STC provides information, not contained within the QRH.

Section 2.2.2 of AC 90-85 defines the eligibility for RVSM operations. The limitations section of the Airplane Flight Manual (AFM) or AFM Supplement (AFMS) should indicate the aircraft has been determined to be capable of meeting the RVSM performance requirements of 14 CFR part 91 appendix G.

Some STCs, are more limiting, requiring operating TCAS, while the Advisory Circular 91-85 does not.
You’re not required to read AFM supplements or AC’s during flight
Quote: Don’t quite agree here.
You should know the required equipment for RSVM of the top of your head.
I know it's an interview question....
Quote: You should know the required equipment for RSVM of the top of your head.
I know it's an interview question....
This without a doubt!!!!
30  70  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  90  130 
Page 80 of 163
Go to