Brake Drop Delta requirement

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Quote: Interesting...I didn’t know Delta had authority to change the ACARS at SkyWest. This is a change in procedure, not software.
Yes, they directed a change to both OO and 9E that captured several additional metrics including wheels rolling on pushback. The new version rolled out and was installed at both properties several months ago. I would argue that they don’t have authority to change procedure at an airline as that would involve operational control.
Quote: 9E uses TLW and tactical CI, right?
We do not. It was going to be rolled out but turned off at Delta’s request. They have us fly in and out of NYC at M.80 to maintain on time arrivals, also at DLs request. It just wastes fuel but for some reason it’s what DL wants.
Quote: Yes, they directed a change to both OO and 9E that captured several additional metrics including wheels rolling on pushback. The new version rolled out and was installed at both properties several months ago. I would argue that they don’t have authority to change procedure at an airline as that would involve operational control.

Quote: We do not. It was going to be rolled out but turned off at Delta’s request. They have us fly in and out of NYC at M.80 to maintain on time arrivals, also at DLs request. It just wastes fuel but for some reason it’s what DL wants.

All good info, thanks.

As far as the higher fuel burn goes, Delta has shown a propensity to spend money to keep the operation as reliable as possible so I’m not surprised about that.
Quote: I'm with SkyWest, very senior. This is not a slam on any airline or anybody.

We recently got a new requirement that we can't drop the parking brake until we have been cleared to push. For some domiciles there are typically 10 minute delays to push, thus this is a big pay cut. We have no recourse to battle this as we have zilch representation.

My question for this group is this new rule been put to your pilots and what are your union reps able to do about it?

It was reported that your MEC told your management "NO" to what is basically a pay cut? This being said I'm presuming your time begins at parking brake drop?

Just looking for some info to pass along to the SkyWest pilot group.

Again this is not a jab at anybody or any pilot group.

Thanks for any info!
For us it was a two fold response to the company. Yes, we said “Umm.. no” to the company’s drive to keep the brake up until push but we also spoke to them in words they’d understand. “You either want on-time departures or you want to fix latency. Can’t have both, take your pick.” As others have said, without an actual union, I wish y’all the best of luck.
9E uses "if you're not clacking, you're slacking". .82 Tally Ho!
Quote: 9E uses "if you're not clacking, you're slacking". .82 Tally Ho!
^^^^^
This 😂 100%
We did have a fuel savings plan in place, but customer service is the focus. So go fast everywhere, and APU extended use for cabin temperature control.
The clacker doesn't go off until after you pass through the first red bar on the CRJ. Ask any 9E pilot.
I swear to God you all better be joking or been there on accident. We had a rash of idiots here years back and we shamed them into flying like an adult. We'll do it again.
Quote: 9E uses "if you're not clacking, you're slacking". .82 Tally Ho!
Hahaha!

That’s more like it, I’m seening more and more M 0.80 on the legs page of the realease.

It used to be that inbound to NYC M.80 was the standard, but nowadays M.80 is normal going in or out of NYC.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to