Latest on Tradewind Aviation

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 16
Go to
Quote: And a good choice at that... if they couldn't hire FO's they'd be screwed for new hires...
Yes, it's not by an accident it's that way.
Quote: Responding to this post too because you don't seem to understand the regs.

135.297(g) is PIC specific. It is not "their problem", it is their choice.
Yup , ,, choice ,,correct word . Ok . Read what I said about logging . You can log only if a flight is conducted under IFR if VFR, can’t log it . As you know 95% or more flying in PR is done VFR. So VFR sic time doesn’t count . And, I m sure you , like many of us logged that time in the past .That’s why A062 is a way to go. It is interesting why POI said what he said knowing that most of the flying is done VFR.
As of yesterday, Tradewind received approval for the SIC PDP and Op Spec A062.
Quote: As of yesterday, Tradewind received approval for the SIC PDP and Op Spec A062.
Surprised they didn't send this out to us new hires... where'd you hear this?
Quote: Surprised they didn't send this out to us new hires... where'd you hear this?
MaxMar has his sources. I would trust him on this
Quote: MaxMar has his sources. I would trust him on this
I back up your post!
Low approach
Trade Wind sighted in the wild at St. Bart's.

Plane and Pilot article with video
Just wondering if anyone has updates regarding QOL at their OXC base along with what to expect the first-year FO pay with their updated pay scale.

https://youtu.be/22bEES6CMQk
Quote: Just wondering if anyone has updates regarding QOL at their OXC base along with what to expect the first-year FO pay with their updated pay scale.
HPN-Based FO here. OXC base from what I can tell seems to be a good solid 30/70 ish 40/60 start in OXC v commute to HPN. OXC starts are almost always repos to HPN or some other airport to start the day. It seems to me when the crew is mixed they’ll begin the trip at one and then end at the other. As far as schedule goes they advertise 4/3 but it’s really more like “I promise you’ll get 13 days off this month” and whatever that means it means.

FO salary is $35,000/yr and per diem seems to add about 7 grand a year. Currently we have more CAs than FOs so FOs really don’t see any opportunities to work hard days off.

Overall happy to be here and enjoying company culture/the planes so far.
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 16
Go to