Retirement Numbers

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 12 of 12
Go to
Echelon, are you actively seeking. Doing the airline by airline game and so forth. Have flown with a few successful applicants and it was a full time job for them to chase down a major airline job. The four that I knew were at it for well over a year actively applying, meet & greet, job fairs and so forth. Good luck in your search
Quote: Load check please and thank you- tomorrow 12/23 SFO-BWI Flight #1126. 2jseats on your busses? Anyone listed for them already?

No load check thread, didn’t want to clog your forum with a new one
Lol. Needed that. Things were getting heated!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote: Echelon, are you actively seeking. Doing the airline by airline game and so forth. Have flown with a few successful applicants and it was a full time job for them to chase down a major airline job. The four that I knew were at it for well over a year actively applying, meet & greet, job fairs and so forth. Good luck in your search
Thanks, and for the record I fully appreciate how fortunate I am to be young enough with little enough invested here to not have to think hard about leaving, should the opportunity present itself. I know most people aren't that lucky.

I don't know if I'd call updating apps every few weeks and soliciting recommendations for job fairs a full time job, but I am doing those things. Not really sure what else to be doing, TBH. Seems like kind of a crap shoot
Quote: Echelon, are you actively seeking. Doing the airline by airline game and so forth. Have flown with a few successful applicants and it was a full time job for them to chase down a major airline job. The four that I knew were at it for well over a year actively applying, meet & greet, job fairs and so forth. Good luck in your search
Yes, it's a full time gig if you do it right. Otherwise you're just buying the odd lottery ticket, and maybe you'll get lucky out of the blue (odds get better in a few years, they might prefer a major FO with NB experience over a CFI...).

But if you're committed to moving on, full court press is the way to go.
UAL is hiring 90 in Jan and 60 in Feb... sounds like they’re finally opening their hiring a bit.
Quote: Thanks, and for the record I fully appreciate how fortunate I am to be young enough with little enough invested here to not have to think hard about leaving, should the opportunity present itself. I know most people aren't that lucky.

I don't know if I'd call updating apps every few weeks and soliciting recommendations for job fairs a full time job, but I am doing those things. Not really sure what else to be doing, TBH. Seems like kind of a crap shoot
In the group that I knew youngest was 32 oldest 49. Longevity from 4 years to 8 years.
Quote: Thanks, and for the record I fully appreciate how fortunate I am to be young enough with little enough invested here to not have to think hard about leaving, should the opportunity present itself. I know most people aren't that lucky.

I'll tell you what got the call for me...

The only info I can give you is the airline apps process, I think American has a different application. You need to be updating every 30 days, but the first thing I would do is have someone review your app. There are a ton of little stupid things you might not know about or things in the application that you should be explaining. Spellings of words, explaining out your job duties, etc. Your app needs to be bulletproof. I had misspellings or punctuation problems after I had reviewed the app 100 times. Next find anyone you know that works there to write you a rec. This should get your app scored. It can only be scored once a year. There is also an email, I've been told, that internal employees can email that will get your app scored.

I went to a job fair four years ago, not sure if that helped. I think the internal recs hold the most weight, it seems like I got traction after a friend used "the email" and also another friend rewrote me a rec using his company email on airline apps.

I've heard volunteering holds a lot of weight although I hadn't done much in 10 years. If you want more info PM me. It seems hopeless but I can guarantee you it's not. Just a long process.
2  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 12 of 12
Go to