ATI hiring through 2019

Subscribe
2  42  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  62 
Page 52 of 84
Go to
Any recent hires able to say how long it took from the application to a call during the last hiring window?

App in 7/25
Question for the group
I’m trying to figure out what kind of qualifications ATI is looking for.

I got the TBNT email today but a friend of mine got called for an interview. I wasn’t overly surprised when I got the email since I don’t have a lot of part 121 time. But the thing is, he has less. Between the two of us I have about 3300 TT and 370 part 121 time, no failures and a BS degree. He has about 1500 TT, 200 part 121 time, no failures and no degree.
While I am happy that my friend is getting the interview I am a bit disappointed that I didn’t.
Would anyone have any insight? One thing that we thought it might be is our ages. I am almost 40 and he is in his late 20s. Could this be a factor?
Thanks.
Quote: I’m trying to figure out what kind of qualifications ATI is looking for.

I got the TBNT email today but a friend of mine got called for an interview. I wasn’t overly surprised when I got the email since I don’t have a lot of part 121 time. But the thing is, he has less. Between the two of us I have about 3300 TT and 370 part 121 time, no failures and a BS degree. He has about 1500 TT, 200 part 121 time, no failures and no degree.
While I am happy that my friend is getting the interview I am a bit disappointed that I didn’t.
Would anyone have any insight? One thing that we thought it might be is our ages. I am almost 40 and he is in his late 20s. Could this be a factor?
Thanks.
You got more time and degree which makes you marketable for the majors and he has less time and no degree and that makes him a keeper...
Quote: You got more time and degree which makes you marketable for the majors and he has less time and no degree and that makes him a keeper...
Ah man I really hope that’s not the reason. ATI is where I wanted to be and wanted to stay there until I retire.
[QUOTE=khos13;2876970]Ah man I really hope that’s not the reason. ATI is where I wanted to be and wanted to stay there until I retire.[/QUOTE

Your both qualified but they know he will be around longer than you . HR’s do think of retention issues when hiring.

Thanks.
Did your friend have an internal recommendation? They take that pretty serious here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[QUOTE=Kingairguy08;2876985]Did your friend have an internal recommendation? They take that pretty serious here.

Neither one of us had an internal recommendation. I would love to get one though 😀

Thanks.
I guarantee that we do not discriminate on age (or anything else for that matter). Lots of guys in the 40's, 50's, and 60's. Even age 63ish.

How much of your time is helicopters? I have nothing to do with hiring, but that may be the issue.
Quote: I guarantee that we do not discriminate on age (or anything else for that matter). Lots of guys in the 40's, 50's, and 60's. Even age 63ish.
That’s reassuring to hear thanks. Any insight to why he would get a call over me? Or ways to make my application stronger?
Quote: That’s reassuring to hear thanks. Any insight to why he would get a call over me? Or ways to make my application stronger?
Keep flying. How many airplane hours do you have? I think you need 3000 airplane hours to upgrade. Your friend can get you on down the road a bit.
2  42  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  62 
Page 52 of 84
Go to