Next AE: March-April 2019

Subscribe
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30  70  120 
Page 20 of 125
Go to
Quote: It becomes a white slip and you get single pay and credit.
The best type of GS IMHO. But even that is only if you're within a certain number of hours of report (I think 2 hours). I've had both, and I think I only got suit up pay for the one that cancelled outside of two hours.
Quote: The best type of GS IMHO. But even that is only if you're within a certain number of hours of report (I think 2 hours). I've had both, and I think I only got suit up pay for the one that cancelled outside of two hours.
You get paid if you are a regular line holder. If you are a reserve you get paid under reserve rules. I have seen GS’s awarded and nooped within minutes of each other. Single pay and credit to the awardee if he is a line holder.
Quote: That it did not go junior this bid because the gravy train is over.
That makes no sense. Senior guys get greenslips. Senior guys will bid the category to get dreenslips. When the greenslip gravy train is over, the category should go more junior.

However... Many of the 'bidders' up until the last 2 bids came from the 747 category and other displacements. Now it has been 'normalized'.

If you are referring to the 350 being more junior than the 330, I think the rumor mill about high bust rates probably had way more to do with it.
Top Men has dropped the latest whispers about the next AE and if true there will cause significant movement:

1. 777A's 68 positions
2. 359 Starship 40-45 As
3. 320 LAX 120As and Bs with more to come down the road
4. Potentially 330As 96-105 positions
5. Slightly more As on WB than Bs due to retirements but many B positions also..
6. And 73Ns, other 320 bases positions and A220 positions..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Quote: Top Men has dropped the latest whispers about the next AE and if true there will cause significant movement:

1. 777A's 68 positions
2. 359 Starship 40-45 As
3. 320 LAX 120As and Bs with more to come down the road
4. Potentially 330As 96-105 positions
5. Slightly more As on WB than Bs due to retirements but many B positions also..
6. And 73Ns, other 320 bases positions and A220 positions..

I've lost track... is this one going to be a 365?
Quote: I've lost track... is this one going to be a 365?
Yup, it's most definitely a 365. LAX717 will be closed and LAX320 opened on it

200 plus widebody captains.

650 retirements in 2019

An average of 5 waterfall initial training events per retiree equals 3,250 initial training events.

And from here the number just just Year after year after year.

Let the games begin.
Quote: 200 plus widebody captains.

650 retirements in 2019

An average of 5 waterfall initial training events per retiree equals 3,250 initial training events.

And from here the number just just Year after year after year.

Let the games begin.
How many displacements are we anticipating with 88 reduction and LAX717 closure? 650 sounds high for retirements in 19. I know we have 423 age 65 retirements, so more will leave. But some of those leaving are already on STD and LTD and therefore their departure won't generate any waterfall, right?

Don't get me wrong, movement is upon us. But growth on the bottom has slowed to a crawl. And with 2 year freezes, spread out AEs and the big one being a 365-dayer, I bet we don't see the waterfall numbers we used to.
Quote: How many displacements are we anticipating with 88 reduction and LAX717 closure? 650 sounds high for retirements in 19. I know we have 423 age 65 retirements, so more will leave. But some of those leaving are already on STD and LTD and therefore their departure won't generate any waterfall, right?

Don't get me wrong, movement is upon us. But growth on the bottom has slowed to a crawl. And with 2 year freezes, spread out AEs and the big one being a 365-dayer, I bet we don't see the waterfall numbers we used to.
What category you in that growth has slowed?

Quote: What category you in that growth has slowed?

I'm talking about the expansion of the bottom of our seniority list. In the last four years we hired way more than replacement rate and added perhaps 2,500 to our rolls. It seems that expansion is slowing and we're likely to hire essentially for attrition. We're also becoming increasingly efficient, which will further limit any hiring beyond attrition (e.g., fewer vacation days, fewer sick hours, Carmen optimization window expansion, ARCOS implementation, etc.).
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30  70  120 
Page 20 of 125
Go to