Class drops..

Subscribe
35  75  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  95 
Page 85 of 128
Go to
Quote: You mean the A300, for 20 more years?
Hahaha probably.
Quote: 2000 more? To fly what?
we will hire right up till we furl...4.A.2.B.
So if a new hire ended up on the MEM 777, do they get used at all or do they sit around a lot? Also, would a new hire, which I’m assuming would be on reserve a bit, fly enough to at least get landing currency or would you end up going to the sim a bunch just to get landing currency? Thanks. Cheers.
Quote: So if a new hire ended up on the MEM 777, do they get used at all or do they sit around a lot? Also, would a new hire, which I’m assuming would be on reserve a bit, fly enough to at least get landing currency or would you end up going to the sim a bunch just to get landing currency? Thanks. Cheers.
With the current manning situation that is driving significant hiring into MEM 777.... the reserves are used a good bit. So I wouldn't expect to be sitting around all the time and not flying.

Bottom line for the MEM 777 FO position.. regardless of seniority.. there aren't enough landings to go around to keep everyone current. Some senior FOs like to bid trips without guarantees of getting landings and some junior pilots get assigned trips without opportunities to land the jet.

A lot of 777 FOs go to the sim from time to time. Obviously if you are junior, you will not have as much control over that.

JP
When I came here, the thought of going to the right seat of a wide body, let alone the premiere equipment, was unthinkable.

Take it and run.
I'm not knocking the question though.
Does anyone know how hard of a commute IND-MEM is for a JS? I currently live around CVG, but with only 1 FedEx flight a day out of there, it looks like IND would probably be a better commute option even with the 90 min drive to get there.

Also, I was able to glance at the A300 July bidpack, and noticed lots of trips with DDH's and long IND layovers. Does anyone know how senior these trips go? I'm not starting class for another couple months, but I am trying to figure out what would provide the best QOL (time home), and a rough ball park expectation on how long it will take to get there. Months, years, decades? The A300 IND layovers look pretty enticing as I could drive home and spend the day with fam, sleep in my own bed, then drive back to IND. Any other airframes have schedules like this? I know the likelihood on an Airbus out of training is slim for me (SSN starts with 0).

I appreciate the help and can't wait to get started!
Quote: Does anyone know how hard of a commute IND-MEM is for a JS? I currently live around CVG, but with only 1 FedEx flight a day out of there, it looks like IND would probably be a better commute option even with the 90 min drive to get there.

Also, I was able to glance at the A300 July bidpack, and noticed lots of trips with DDH's and long IND layovers. Does anyone know how senior these trips go? I'm not starting class for another couple months, but I am trying to figure out what would provide the best QOL (time home), and a rough ball park expectation on how long it will take to get there. Months, years, decades? The A300 IND layovers look pretty enticing as I could drive home and spend the day with fam, sleep in my own bed, then drive back to IND. Any other airframes have schedules like this? I know the likelihood on an Airbus out of training is slim for me (SSN starts with 0).

I appreciate the help and can't wait to get started!
Welcome. IF given the choice don't pick an airframe based off of a potential layover city, they change very often.
IND-MEM is actually fairly difficult. You got two things, lots of commuters but also lots of backend DH trips end in IND and the people that live in MEM take the JS vs. the two-leg RJ through a hub. There's certainly worse commutes...
Check out Sdf for commuting if coming out of cvg.
Bid the. 76 to Indy if you can or at least MEM and then bid IND in the next bid
35  75  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  95 
Page 85 of 128
Go to