Hiring / training

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19  59  109 
Page 9 of 451
Go to
Re Lori Clark
Absolutely recommend. She is Frontier specific; however, her prep would help with any airline interview.
On a forum where almost every thread has numerous people going back and forth on issues, this thread should tell you something. Lots of positive first hand recommendations for Lori, and only 1 opposing view. Although, nobody is perfect for everyone, that is a pretty good indication that she has been successful for most. I think if you combine a personal interview prep with other resources that have been recommended, you will put yourself in the best position to succeed. Remember, you never know if/when an airline will call for an interview. If you do get the opportunity, make the most of it and treat it as if it will be your only one. Why, because it may be. The value of succeeding will eventually be life changing for you and your family’s quality of life. Good luck, the hard work is worth it!!!
Quote: On a forum where almost every thread has numerous people going back and forth on issues, this thread should tell you something. Lots of positive first hand recommendations for Lori, and only 1 opposing view. Although, nobody is perfect for everyone, that is a pretty good indication that she has been successful for most. I think if you combine a personal interview prep with other resources that have been recommended, you will put yourself in the best position to succeed. Remember, you never know if/when an airline will call for an interview. If you do get the opportunity, make the most of it and treat it as if it will be your only one. Why, because it may be. The value of succeeding will eventually be life changing for you and your family’s quality of life. Good luck, the hard work is worth it!!!
Well said. Also: Lori can't help you if you already KNOW IT ALL! Catch my drift? I know it sounds crazy, but there are people who will pay her $400 to instruct her on how to interview.
Was told in recurrent recently that they would like to run classes of 50/month, but realistically can probably only handle 40/month for the rest of the year. They also said that they intend to start having the systems portion of initial be entirely at home study. After doing the at home study, you will come in for 2 weeks of INDOC. Will help at least save a weeks worth of hotels I guess. This is supposed to start sometime this summer.
Does Frontier typically send out study material before class? Anyone in the March 4th class? PM me, please.
Quote: Does Frontier typically send out study material before class? Anyone in the March 4th class? PM me, please.
No.

You’ll get a welcome email with all of the applicable information very soon, welcome to the show brother!
Quote: No.

You’ll get a welcome email with all of the applicable information very soon, welcome to the show brother!
The "show" Bwahaaaaaa. .... the sh!t show.........
Quote: Does Frontier typically send out study material before class? Anyone in the March 4th class? PM me, please.
It is important (especially with the Airbus) to not study too far ahead. The training department will more than prepare you and tell you exactly what you need to know. If you can get hold of our VOL 2 Section 2 and 5 then the only thing I would recommend studying would be the required limitations and memory items at this point. Try Quizlet. Youtube also has some CBTs floating around that are useful to start getting familiar with the systems.
Congrats and do not pay attention to the naysayers. You are getting on at a great time.
Quote: It is important (especially with the Airbus) to not study too far ahead. The training department will more than prepare you and tell you exactly what you need to know. If you can get hold of our VOL 2 Section 2 and 5 then the only thing I would recommend studying would be the required limitations and memory items at this point. Try Quizlet. Youtube also has some CBTs floating around that are useful to start getting familiar with the systems.
Congrats and do not pay attention to the naysayers. You are getting on at a great time.
Good advice. Word of caution though, our memory items and limitations change all the time (for some reason). Maybe not substantially, but it sucks unlearning wrong things.
Would anyone be willing to chime in as to how much it cost you, as a new hire, to pay for food and accommodations during training? Did you stay at a hotel, crash pad or rent a room?
Also, I would assume all of this is tax deductible?
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19  59  109 
Page 9 of 451
Go to