SkyWest ?’s

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52  102  502 
Page 2 of 518
Go to
Quote: A human pulls the app from the stack and grades it.
No.
A human specifies the criteria, computer pulls them, and then human reviews for obvious inadequacies (like 1000TPIC in a Caravan/Ag etc). Then it's graded. Main key is to be in that stack.
Are there any delays for a class date on the CRJ or ERJ? Heard classes are full until July/August.
Quote: Are there any delays for a class date on the CRJ or ERJ? Heard classes are full until July/August.
Wow if we have 600 pilots (give or take) in the pool that is insane. #noshortage
Quote: Are there any delays for a class date on the CRJ or ERJ? Heard classes are full until July/August.
I have been hearing July for CRJ and maybe August for ERJ from my friends. But I just talked to a guy tonight who interviewed this week and got May for ERJ. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote: I have been hearing July for CRJ and maybe August for ERJ from my friends. But I just talked to a guy tonight who interviewed this week and got May for ERJ. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Check in with your recruiter occasionally. Spots in classes open up due to people going somewhere else etc. and you may be able to get into a much earlier class.
When could a new-hire FO with captain minimums expect to upgrade? (assuming the aircraft with quickest upgrade and regardless of base)
Quote: When could a new-hire FO with captain minimums expect to upgrade? (assuming the aircraft with quickest upgrade and regardless of base)
Most junior CA was hired Jan 2018 CRJ DTW.
Quote: Most junior CA was hired Jan 2018 CRJ DTW.
That award was from a year ago (guy was basically a street captain). Current upgrade time is around 18 months.
Quote: That award was from a year ago (guy was basically a street captain). Current upgrade time is around 18 months.
I guess that’s another way to ask the question... in today’s market at SkyWest, if someone showed up tomorrow with “street captain” credentials, would it lead to a quicker upgrade or are there enough qualified FO’s he/she would just upgrade in seniority order?
Quote: I guess that’s another way to ask the question... in today’s market at SkyWest, if someone showed up tomorrow with “street captain” credentials, would it lead to a quicker upgrade or are there enough qualified FO’s he/she would just upgrade in seniority order?
Is going to help. You will definitely upgrade before some guys have their time but currently the wait is 18 months regardless. There are plenty of people ahead of you that have the upgrade mins. We are hiring like crazy again so that upgrade could very well drop to under a year again.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52  102  502 
Page 2 of 518
Go to