FedEx Travel

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
Quote: Have you tried getting your family a seat on a non rev flight lately? Nearly impossible to any desired location.
Buy the ticket.
I took my daughter to Prague(about $200 RT) last summer using ID90 fares with no hassle at all. You just need to be flexible. Nonstop international flights are easier than domestic stuff that goes through a hub as well.

Quote: About a year on other fleets too, if not less. There's a lot of deadheads on the MD.
I’m a little under 80% on the MD in FO seat(1.5 years from hire) and I was able to hold a line with deadheads. VTO would have been easy to get them as well.
Quote: Have you tried getting your family a seat on a non rev flight lately? Nearly impossible to any desired location.
Buy the ticket.
I know that's what we like to say, and to be sure, I know some passenger guys who will buy tickets for vacation if they absolutely need to be there. But I also have many friends who are taking their families to places all over the globe using their non-rev benefits. It doesn't seem that tough if you're flexible.
Quote: I know that's what we like to say, and to be sure, I know some passenger guys who will buy tickets for vacation if they absolutely need to be there. But I also have many friends who are taking their families to places all over the globe using their non-rev benefits. It doesn't seem that tough if you're flexible.

The problem is definitely flexibility. If you have to work around rigid schedules (spouse works full time, school, ETc.) or want to vacation someplace specific, it is/can be difficult.

My significant other likes to go to Disney, good luck non-revving from a hub city to a tourist trap with any reliability. Luckily tickets to tourist traps are generally some of the less expensive tickets (more competition).

I just like not worrying about weather or not I'll get on the flight, It kind of wrecks the vacation for me, and I have had no problem getting enough miles to pay for the airline tickets for two round trips a year for two people.
Quote: The problem is definitely flexibility. If you have to work around rigid schedules (spouse works full time, school, ETc.) or want to vacation someplace specific, it is/can be difficult.
I'm with you. I work full-time and have limited PTO. There's no way I'm going to travel without a guaranteed seat. This is also why we never used Space-A when we could... Since I work, I can also pay for tickets. It's one of those things
Not at FedEx, but flying non rev with a family. For us, we have had some luck finding cheap one ways to get home on. Once we find a cheap flight home, we give ourselves a few days to get to our vacation destination if needed. Price of a last minute hotel or VRBO has to be considered though. I like the VRBO, that way half the family can settle in, if the other half isn’t there yet. Many use a door code that is emailed to you. To me, In the end, it’s worth just buying the tickets if the destination is important. If you don’t mind just looking at loads and going where the wind takes you, non rev can be fun.
I fly a lot of deadhead trips, and always try to fly on Delta...therefore collecting airmiles and Diamond status. I use the miles to fly my family, and the company will pay for my deadheads (with some restrictions). No worries on getting a seat, sometimes my kids even get upgraded, and the status allows me to change or cancel the mileage flights when needed. No reason to even look at going standby.
I signed up for the id90 and did the test. For some reason I only get Alaska airlines as an option to Id90 on? How do you check other airlines?
ID90 MyIdtravel
When booking standby for the family, what’s the difference between ID90 and MyIdtravel? I’ve seen both referenced.
ID90 and myidtravel are two separate sites. When using myidtravel there is also a difference when non revenue and Jumpseat reservations. Non rev you use you company Jumpseat is different login.
Do you have first class zed agreements at FedEx?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to