C2019 Completed By The Amendable Date

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 16 of 22
Go to
ChecklistMonkey, You may want to rethink your thoughts about the Captain not being your boss. FOM 10.2.2.1 spells it out. He can have you or flight attendants removed from a flight (I have seen F/As removed a couple of times). The first bullet point in that section gives the Captain that authority.
Quote: ChecklistMonkey, You may want to rethink your thoughts about the Captain not being your boss. FOM 10.2.2.1 spells it out. He can have you or flight attendants removed from a flight (I have seen F/As removed a couple of times). The first bullet point in that section gives the Captain that authority.
Apparently the FOM doesn't apply to him. It's a democracy when he flies.
Quote: Who cares if he flies as a captain?! He's not taking anyone's job. Two pilots get bought off and get paid to stay home every time he flies. And a LCA gets paid to fly with him. Are your captain egos really that sensitive?
Does he accept requests? I’ll have my june schedule forwarded to him! No ego bruise here!
Yeah. Everybody knows tony danza is the boss.

Unless you are married. In that case EVERYBODY knows who their boss is.
Would you have made these feelings known during the job interview?
Chain of command is not the same as being the boss or supervisior. The captain cannot fire or suspend anyone they come in contact with. They can only do as much as anyone else on the crew could do to him. Report the issue to their actual supervisor. Which for captains and fos is the chief pilot.

The FO can just as easily have the captain removed as the captain could have him removed.
Quote: Would you have made these feelings known during the job interview?
Pretty sure that would be a big fat NO!

Denny
Quote: Pretty sure that would be a big fat NO!

Denny
Actually, I did. And they asked questions about WWYD if the captain tried to fly you into a thunderstorm or step on the plane and you suspected he had been drinking. Both of them required you to effectively "take command" of the airplane. So...so much for that nonsense Denny.
Quote: ChecklistMonkey, You may want to rethink your thoughts about the Captain not being your boss. FOM 10.2.2.1 spells it out. He can have you or flight attendants removed from a flight (I have seen F/As removed a couple of times). The first bullet point in that section gives the Captain that authority.
That doesn't make him my boss. And if he did it for personal reasons, not legitimate ones, he would have to answer for it on the carpet later. Still not my boss.
Quote: Actually, I did. And they asked questions about WWYD if the captain tried to fly you into a thunderstorm or step on the plane and you suspected he had been drinking. Both of them required you to effectively "take command" of the airplane. So...so much for that nonsense Denny.
Well, duh. That's not quite the same thing we're talking about.
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 16 of 22
Go to