777 & 787

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 12 of 12
Go to
Quote: Yup. Complete BS. Some of the biggest class acts I’ve flown with considering the turmoil they’ve had to deal
with.
I agree. The twa folks got hosed, but so far they're nothing but great to fly with.
Quote: Thats the big question! The way this company is going I’m not sure if we have any viable plans to compete other than NB DOM.
Rough to see that. Not sure where I heard this but the logic seemed to make sense that AA is focusing on domestic for the near term because it is less risky and more lucrative so as they focus on profit and offloading debt, the plans for WB especially International will be limited and AA will rely heavily on partners like BA to connect out of LHR, for example.
I remember AA having a robust transatlantic schedule way before Covid and before the Dreamliners and as they get back to a better financial position, maybe they will be more willing to compete in ORD. I wonder how different UA will handle debt after that huge order for new jets - I cant imagine they would be that far from AA's position in the case of a downturn or covid0like event given their intense focus on international.

A great point was made and something I always wondered - how for the worlds largest airline can you have so many flights be seasonal - cant be feasible for the corporate flyers who rely on consistent service no matter the time of year.
AA management is the most risk averse and least innovative of the legacy airlines. They’re perfectly content being the okay-est option, meh to good at a lot of things but excellent at nothing but mediocrity.
Does anyone know how long it would take for a FO to hold WB flying in MIA? How about captain?
Quote: Does anyone know how long it would take for a FO to hold WB flying in MIA? How about captain?
6ish years WB, 25+ CA. Those times will eventually come down but not yet. If you want WB out the gate, go UAL or DAL , FedEx, UPS, Atlas
Quote: Does anyone know how long it would take for a FO to hold WB flying in MIA? How about captain?
you got me curious so I ran the seniority projector against our most Jr pilot who retires in 2060. Assuming a static model of fleet size and distribution, and no change in pilot bidding behavior, and the usual caveats. About 4 years to FO and 24 to CA. Expect the FO number to keep dropping and the CA number to keep getting higher for a people not yet hired. For people on property the CA number will drop quite a bit from the current 30ish years to 15 then creep to maybe 11-12, then creep back up to 30 again.
Listened to a push-to-talk episode and it was said we still have 35 78s coming? anyone know the time line to take all of these? I'd imagine with this increase in fleet size the years to hold a FO or CA would come down. Is this why everyone is guesstimating these numbers?
Quote: Listened to a push-to-talk episode and it was said we still have 35 78s coming? anyone know the time line to take all of these? I'd imagine with this increase in fleet size the years to hold a FO or CA would come down. Is this why everyone is guesstimating these numbers?
This chart on Wikipedia says 25 more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...and_deliveries
2  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 12 of 12
Go to