Growth

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to
Quote: Yes, Short Brothers is going to crank the line back up for us!!
It could be Part 135 drone operation UPS has applied for certification.

Quote: 30 additional 747-8. Yes, additional
At this point we need more sims not airframes.
Quote: A330ceo and Neo both have 200 ft+ wingspan, will not fit in our air wings. That is the argument I always hear.
CEO is 198', NEO is 210' (one foot shy of a -400).

That's just one reason why a potential large 767 order makes a LOT more sense.
Quote: At this point we need more sims not airframes.
I note today's CPIL shows we've taken delivery of twelve Ochos and 158 747 crewmembers since 2017.

With 13 -400s, 15 total projected -8s, and 615 total projected 747 crewmembers at the end of 2019, that puts staffing at a fuzz under 22 pilots/airframe.

I believe staffing was 23 pilots/airframe when the first -8 order was made in Oct 2016.
How many jets are on property currently and with the current orders? Would someone who got hired today realistically see upgrade in the 7-10 year range? or sooner..
Quote: How many jets are on property currently and with the current orders? Would someone who got hired today realistically see upgrade in the 7-10 year range? or sooner..
We're getting 16 more 747-8, a dozen more new 767s, and five dry leased 767s as growth aircraft from today through end of 2021.

Our retirement wave does not start in earnest until 2024, when we'll mandatory retire 100+ every year (from a pilot group of currently about 2900) for a decade. Oh by the way, actual retirements have been more than double mandatory retirements and if anything the trend of early retirements is only going to accelerate.

TL;DR - yes, 7-10 years to junior available upgrade for a 2019 hire is realistic IMO barring some black swan event.
Quote: We're getting 16 more 747-8, a dozen more new 767s, and five dry leased 767s as growth aircraft from today through end of 2021.

Our retirement wave does not start in earnest until 2024, when we'll mandatory retire 100+ every year (from a pilot group of currently about 2900) for a decade. Oh by the way, actual retirements have been more than double mandatory retirements and if anything the trend of early retirements is only going to accelerate.

TL;DR - yes, 7-10 years to junior available upgrade for a 2019 hire is realistic IMO barring some black swan event.

Thanks for the info!
Quote: CEO is 198', NEO is 210' (one foot shy of a -400).

That's just one reason why a potential large 767 order makes a LOT more sense.
Right. I don’t know where you fit say 30-40 A330’s outside the air wings. The wildcard is pricing, if Airbus offers a very sweet deal, who knows...
Is management/staffing still hand picking pilots from classes and creating new classes for 74 guys and gals? I have 2000 747 time and would rather not go to it at this time... I've been told there is a good likelihood they send you to it if you have time. Accurate?
Quote: Is management/staffing still hand picking pilots from classes and creating new classes for 74 guys and gals? I have 2000 747 time and would rather not go to it at this time... I've been told there is a good likelihood they send you to it if you have time. Accurate?
depends on if it is offered in the class. if it is then you will bid by age. if you get it you can always quit.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to