Best and Worst Call Signs?

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 14 of 15
Go to
Quote: Where?
If I remember correctly - 'MARS' is the callsign of the USMC Harrier FRS (VMAT-203) out of MCAS Cherry Point.
I used the powers of investigoogle after we got to our destination and you are correct. They were all 2 seat models I believe.
B-52 with callsign "DOOM xx"

UPT callsign with the Schwarzenegger accent - ERASER pronounced "ERASA".
Best: Speedbird, Springbok and Clipper....some of the guys would say this is The Clipper.

Call sign in UPT Hoe, going on a solo cross country Moody to MacDill, controller said all of you Hoe's out there contact center on..
Mitsubishi one one whiskey quebec. Try to say that along with the word runway and not sound like Elmer Fudd
May have been mentioned already, but several years ago I was out picking up a Phenom at the Reno races when all the planes were leaving. Heard an F-15 with a "JEDI xx" callsign. Awesome!
Quote: Some of the best IMO are ones with a lot of historic/heroic legacies.

Misty...F-100 Fast FAC in SEA
Nail...OV-10 SEA
Raven...O-2 FAC in Laos and Cambodia
Spad...The awesome A-1 Skyraider
Spooky, Stinger and Spectre...AC-47, AC-119, and AC-130
Nimrod...A-26 Invader SEA
Knife...Special Ops CH-3 and CH-53's at NKP
and my personal favorites and the favorite of any one having an especially bad day at work.... Dustoff, King, and Jolly!
Spad,spooky,specter are still used today. My favorite call signs from over there were "bourbon" and "hammer", both for c130 variants. I also heard "knife" may be brought back. Thanks kingbird!
The 94th FS out of JBL-E use “Vodka” and “Bugsy”
Quote: any thing with "Riddle" infront of it.
I about fell out of my chair reading this one!!
Republics "Brickyard" is alright, but speed bird and clipper take the crown.
"Ascot" RAF VC-10 in and out of Dulles, sounded so cool in a British accent.
Best: Speedbuhd (with the accent ofcourse), Dynasty, Cactus.
Worst: Air Shuttle, Chitaqua, Red Wood.
4  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 14 of 15
Go to