Best and Worst Call Signs?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 15
Go to
Doing some contract work for MK Airlines. The callsign they use is Kruger air but one controller in Kenya kept saying Cougar Air and was having way to much fun with it

Gemini is now using White Pelican for some contarct work. Not only is it gay its a mouthful
A bud down in Laughlin said the T-38's use the callsign "Cool" sometimes.
Quote: I miss using "Blue Ridge"...
I miss using "patriot"
Quote: Why did ASA switch to "Acey?" It is a silly call sign.
Could be wrong, but it was their call sign before Candler. And again, I could be wrong, but I believe it's more like ASEA.

A-tlantic S-outh E-ast A-irilines.

I remember hearing the military call sing "angry 1" when flying over the DC area post 9/11, thought it was cool.
Quote: The worst is Waterski. I like Chattaqua, because everytime I hear it I think of Ace ventura Pet Detective reference the sacred bat's name. I think it was shikaka or something like that.

LOL! I use to think the same thing! HaHaHaHa!!

Oh yeah, ugly callsign. "Airshuttle"
I miss the callsign "Hustler" - from a now bankrupt Dallas operator that flew Cessna 421's. It gets my vote for best callsign ever.
When the F-15s are flying at Lambert they often use callsigns based on A-B brews.

Bud 1, Mick 1, Busch 1, etc.
I had a friend who once convinced the FSS to file him as "Car Ramrod"
Speedbird is the best.
Worked spotting targets for some AF AC-130's over Afghanistan with the callsign "Grim"

Appropriate enough once you see them rain hell on the earth below in the middle of the night.

-SS
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 15
Go to