When is the new contract coming due?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
I am an outsider, just wondering when is a new contract due, and what are the big gripes the pilot group has in general. Is long call reserve being negotiated?
Amendable date is August 31, 2020
And, food for thought, the current contract was ratified almost 4 years after it’s amendable date.
DM me
Quote: I am an outsider, just wondering when is a new contract due, and what are the big gripes the pilot group has in general. Is long call reserve being negotiated?
The contract is available for your review and questions. What do you want to know ?
Quote: Is long call reserve being negotiated?
I don't see long call as something that the pilot group wants or would really be workable with how reserves are utilized. For long call to work, reserve coverage would be even higher than it is today, which is already too high. Also, reserves on long call would be used first, so you'd be assigned anyways. Southwest doesn't use reserves in the traditional sense as insurance. Reserves are used to cover open trips. What would be nice would be true trip ownership, meaning once assigned all protections of a line holder would apply. It would also be good if reserves could select their own trips from open time. Right now reserves are assigned trips somewhat randomly, subverting seniority.
Quote: I don't see long call as something that the pilot group wants or would really be workable with how reserves are utilized. For long call to work, reserve coverage would be even higher than it is today, which is already too high. Also, reserves on long call would be used first, so you'd be assigned anyways. Southwest doesn't use reserves in the traditional sense as insurance. Reserves are used to cover open trips. What would be nice would be true trip ownership, meaning once assigned all protections of a line holder would apply. It would also be good if reserves could select their own trips from open time. Right now reserves are assigned trips somewhat randomly, subverting seniority.
Yep. Agree
What would be nice is reserve proffering, where trips that will be assigned to reserves can be bid on by reserves, letting you choose between report times, overnights, tfp or whatever you like, would be huge quality of life boost.
I’ve been JA’d 3x this summer. We don’t have enough reserves and/or they’re stupid for misusing them.

Either way....it needs to stop.
Quote: I’ve been JA’d 3x this summer. We don’t have enough reserves and/or they’re stupid for misusing them.

Either way....it needs to stop.
It’s the second. We have way too many reserves, but they dump them all into the system instead of holding some back for, ya know, a Reserve because they might have to pay premium. Then when the poo hits the fan, everyone already in the system is a handy airport reserve.
Quote: It’s the second. We have way too many reserves, but they dump them all into the system instead of holding some back for, ya know, a Reserve because they might have to pay premium. Then when the poo hits the fan, everyone already in the system is a handy airport reserve.
I’ve noticed more blanks but not more rsv lines. For Aug the trips got crappier to make more hard lines. Rsv lines stayed the same. I’d rather more rsv’s with people sitting at home than forcing people to work on days off. And I bid rsv (not during the summer).
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to