Deadhead BS

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 13 of 14
Go to
Quote: I'd happily leave my DH bag on the jet bridge and retrieve it on the arrival jet bridge. Free up a slot onboard for a paying passenger, yielding one less checked bag they have to handle through baggage claim.
Except it doesn't work that way, unless you're on an RJ, in which case you don't get a choice anyway
Quote: Except it doesn't work that way, unless you're on an RJ, in which case you don't get a choice anyway
....uhhhhh, I know it doesn't work that way. I'm saying it could. Baggage handlers set aside my yellow DH bags and they deliver strollers to the jet bridge. No reason they couldn't deliver both.
Quote: ....uhhhhh, I know it doesn't work that way. I'm saying it could. Baggage handlers set aside my yellow DH bags and they deliver strollers to the jet bridge. No reason they couldn't deliver both.
Gotcha. Especially considering they already have to grab 20+ white tag bags every flight. I'd be curious to see the metrics behind charging for bags and causing issues like that fitting boarding vs a free checked bag, then charge for large carry-ons instead. May speed things up. I'm sure there's data somewhere. We have data on bloody everything.
Quote: ....uhhhhh, I know it doesn't work that way. I'm saying it could. Baggage handlers set aside my yellow DH bags and they deliver strollers to the jet bridge. No reason they couldn't deliver both.
Jetblue does this. You get a tag at the jetbridge door and they take down and bring it back up. Most of the time before you make it to the front of the airplane.
Domestic DHs, 150% Comfort+ middle seat, 150% basic economy non-middle seat, 200% basic economy middle seat. If they want to keep comfort+ open for HVCs or whatnot, fine, but I’d like to be compensated for the confinement. And DH crew should be able to pre-board, period.

Yellow tagged bags worked fine in the days before UltraMegaSafe vests but we need a new system now.
Quote:
Yellow tagged bags worked fine in the days before UltraMegaSafe vests but we need a new system now.
I caved and bought my own vest. I've started wearing it in the terminal too, for the added safety. But we still need a solution when I'm deadheading (dangerously) out of uniform.
Quote: Domestic DHs, 150% Comfort+ middle seat, 150% basic economy non-middle seat, 200% basic economy middle seat. If they want to keep comfort+ open for HVCs or whatnot, fine, but I’d like to be compensated for the confinement. And DH crew should be able to pre-board, period.

This. ......
Quote: I caved and bought my own vest. I've started wearing it in the terminal too, for the added safety. But we still need a solution when I'm deadheading (dangerously) out of uniform.
Currently looking for a white High-Vis vest, our company only provides yellow camouflage vests, and I am sure that is an OSHA violation.

(work for NK)
Quote: Domestic DHs, 150% Comfort+ middle seat, 150% basic economy non-middle seat, 200% basic economy middle seat. If they want to keep comfort+ open for HVCs or whatnot, fine, but I’d like to be compensated for the confinement. And DH crew should be able to pre-board, period.

Agreed. Because of how far out of the way they intentionally went to flagrantly show how inferior our DH is to UAL, they have created this and only UAL+ will fix it. And because it was so flagrantly intentional, we're not "paying for it".
ATL-MSP-ATL Deadheading issues
Tried to DH MSP-ATL was told that even though there are empty seats in comfort + 24 hours prior you can not get pilot assist to upgrade you. It's the only 2 station pairs that have this problem, WTF?
The gate agent will put you on the list after all the free upgrades , so basically no comfort upgrades while traveling between these 2 cities on company business DH.
Anyone have a clue as to why?
3  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 13 of 14
Go to