New TA... again

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 60
Go to
Quote: By that logic I get a 150% raise every 100 years.
By the mecs logic you get 3% over 18 months. I suppose more if you factor in the built in 1.5% annually. But sure, 153% in 100 years.
Quote: By the mecs logic you get 3% over 18 months. I suppose more if you factor in the built in 1.5% annually. But sure, 153% in 100 years.
You’re right, I’m just being obstinate. Hard to palate the company being so cheap that they’d delay an entire year and a half for a measly 1%.
I think it's just as ridiculous.
Quote: By that logic I get a 150% raise every 100 years.
Quote: By the mecs logic you get 3% over 18 months. I suppose more if you factor in the built in 1.5% annually. But sure, 153% in 100 years.
Ummmm. That's not how math works but your pessimism and negativity drove you post it as gospel. A 1.5% increase over 100 years would lead to an increase over the original amount of about 443.2%. That is not including longevity increases every year until you max out the pay scale and the 2% and 1% over the next 18 months.
Quote: Ummmm. That's not how math works but your pessimism and negativity drove you post it as gospel. A 1.5% increase over 100 years would lead to an increase over the original amount of about 443.2%. That is not including longevity increases every year until you max out the pay scale and the 2% and 1% over the next 18 months.
Yeah I know. I've done the math for myself factoring in longevity and I'd get a 7% raise this year and a 6% raise the following year.
Quote: A 1.5% increase over 100 years would lead to an increase over the original amount of about 443.2%.
Albert Einstein said compound interest is the 8th wonder of the world.
Just vote no
Quote: $3.42 for senior captain and $1.09 for year 1 first officer. At least be accurate if you're going to be a pessimist.
Yea if you include next years 1.5% and the additional 1%, so yes over 2 years your numbers are correct, mine are correct for DOS pulled straight from the email summary. I mean I can look at any airline contact and say DOS+ 5 and the number will be greater as annual raises are not exclusive to air Wisconsin. We are just the only company that can’t get a market and cost of living adjustment anywhere close to the economy rate.
Unfortunately, this contract will pass. Then just like the last contact, nobody will claim to have voted yes. The language is weak, and the company still exploit it, just like they do with the current contract. If I'm going to get screwed daily, I could at least see some more money. Hard no.
Quote: Ummmm. That's not how math works but your pessimism and negativity drove you post it as gospel. A 1.5% increase over 100 years would lead to an increase over the original amount of about 443.2%. That is not including longevity increases every year until you max out the pay scale and the 2% and 1% over the next 18 months.
I prefer realism. I’m not unhappy here, but I’m not going to pretend this TA is anything close to good.
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 60
Go to