Ravn/Pennair does it again.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 8
Go to
Quote: If you have a bone to pick with Ravn go do it on the appropriate thread. PenAir has had a superb safety record for years. Suggesting otherwise is patently false. Rickair777 is 100% correct. Every company has “a few of those guys” and we’re no exception. We have all kinds of faults but you find yourself out of your depth for this conversation. Suggesting that breaking the regs is commonplace and is a factor in a runway excursion that took place yesterday is classless and unfounded. The Captain on that flight had an impeccable record and massive amounts of experience in Alaska. He absolutely is not “one of those guys.”

If you’re a professional pilot I would encourage you to begin the effort to act like one. A person lost their life yesterday and that’s the tragedy. We don’t know the facts of what happened yet. Let’s wait for the final before you armchair quarterback a pilot you don’t know, who flew a plane you aren’t typed in, for a company you don’t work for. Most likely into a place you’ve never seen in weather you don’t understand.
Your arrogance is astounding. You've missed my point. I was commenting on 10/31/2018 ice on wings and a different captain.
Quote: Read my post again. My flight on 10/31/2018 was probably captained by someone else. I remember his first name, but will not post it here. I remember my return flight a week later had the same pilot who WAS captain for the 10/31 outbound flight, but he was flying as FO with a very much older, senior looking captain on the return flight.

Also- just because someone is older doesn’t automatically make them senior. In fact, did you know even if someone is flying left seat that doesn’t make him senior either? GASP The FO could be administering a PC and is indeed a check airmen. The “older, senior looking captain” could be on his second career and has min hours.

My gosh.
ANYWAYS.

It looks like the swim team made it home. The investigators are in town. Crew is home. Media is pushing the tail wind narrative. Anybody want to talk about these things instead of a plane that deiced last year?
Quote: Your arrogance is astounding. You've missed my point. I was commenting on 10/31/2018 ice on wings and a different captain.
Let’s not kid ourselves, you obviously have an axe to grind.
Quote: ANYWAYS.

It looks like the swim team made it home. The investigators are in town. Crew is home. Media is pushing the tail wind narrative. Anybody want to talk about these things instead of a plane that deiced last year?
Maybe about how Ravn higher ups lowered the amount of PIC hours required for DUT...
Whose idea was that? Or is that how Ravn operates?
Quote: "Here is the ice. You either de-ice this plane, or I will call FSDO. I have them on my speed-dial on my phone to call right now."

What a ********ng tool......
I think you just made tool of the day.
Quote: We de-iced then departed.
Curious why you didn’t deplane based on your concern for the captain’s judgment...
Quote: Maybe about how Ravn higher ups lowered the amount of PIC hours required for DUT...
What were the old requirements vs the new requirements?
Quote: Curious why you didn’t deplane based on your concern for the captain’s judgment...
Wouldn’t have made for such an awesome “and everyone started clapping” story.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 8
Go to