United better hurry up....

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 22
Go to
Stifel downgraded Southwest Airlines, which operates an all-Boeing 737 fleet and is the biggest customer for the Max in the U.S. Stifel said the carrier could be near a “tipping point” where the Max grounding has gone on so long it could push the Southwest to consider a merger or acquisition, and suggests New York-based low-cost airline JetBlue Airways, which operates Airbus narrow-body planes. Southwest’s CEO has said it would take years to diversify Southwest’s fleet. Southwest declined to comment on the note. JetBlue didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/21/boei...s-with-it.html
That would worst case partner for the pilot group. It would bring together 2 pilot groups with limited retirements in the next decade.

Although we are larger than AirTran was when they were acquired.

How was the AirTran deal structured? Was it a purchase or a merger. I can’t remember. Purchase under Guadalupe right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: That would worst case partner for the pilot group. It would bring together 2 pilot groups with limited retirements in the next decade.

Although we are larger than AirTran was when they were acquired.

How was the AirTran deal structured? Was it a purchase or a merger. I can’t remember. Purchase under Guadalupe right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purchase or air Tran was going out of business I think. Sorta forced air tran pilots hands on accepting their almost staple.
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/10/2...g-jetblue.html

Interesting video.
Q you're usually right-on with current events, but there's already a thread regarding this. It's dropped just below the 'Profit Sharing' thread...I know I can't read any further through my tears and anger of that thread.
Pls pls pls someone buy us.... really don’t want giggity at the helm.
That would be the worst thing that could happen to the pilot group at B6. Your seniority would be slashed.
SWAPA is even suing Boeing now over the Max. If you don’t think they’ll tie your group up in litigation for years over seniority your mistaken.
Quote: That would be the worst thing that could happen to the pilot group at B6. Your seniority would be slashed.
SWAPA is even suing Boeing now over the Max. If you don’t think they’ll tie your group up in litigation for years over seniority your mistaken.
Scarey ghost story!!!
A merger or acquisition by an ALPA carrier would be much preferable to any deal with SWA
Quote: That would be the worst thing that could happen to the pilot group at B6. Your seniority would be slashed.
And THIS is why most of us United pilots don't want to see a merger with you guys. Fear of OUR seniority taking a major hit.

How about we just let the chips lie where they fall.

Which this merger stuff would stop. The only ones who truly make out are a handful of the people at the top (management) and the boards.
Wall Str to a point too..

enough already (hopefully)

Motch
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 22
Go to