Swift Air/iAero. What you should know

Subscribe
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28 
Page 18 of 46
Go to
Direct Entry Captains
I see they are now advertising DEC’s. 6000TT and 1000 121 time. Does the company have requirements for time in type or time in company air raft before you can upgrade? Are you a captain on captain pay from day 1 or do you get paid as an FO while you cycle through FO training and then get sent back for captain training?

Also, I was wondering what the current fleet mix is? 300’s, 400’s, and 800’s is what APC says. Is that still accurate? Do all pilots fly all types? Seems like there would be some pretty big differences between those three types. Do you train on one and then do differences to the others?
Quote:
Also, I was wondering what the current fleet mix is? 300’s, 400’s, and 800’s is what APC says. Is that still accurate? Do all pilots fly all types? Seems like there would be some pretty big differences between those three types. Do you train on one and then do differences to the others?
I don't recall SW or Continental having issues.
Quote: I see they are now advertising DEC’s. 6000TT and 1000 121 time. Does the company have requirements for time in type or time in company air raft before you can upgrade? Are you a captain on captain pay from day 1 or do you get paid as an FO while you cycle through FO training and then get sent back for captain training?

You need to meet the 121 requirements first of all. We don’t have a time in type requirement, but they want experienced captains, hopefully with Boeing time off we can find them. Not an easy task right now with everyone hiring like gang busters.

FOs upgrading it comes down to seniority and them feeling they’re ready for upgrade. I think flying is a small part, it’s more being ready for the operational challenges of charter vs a conventional airline doing the hub and spoke.

Mostly 400s with about 8 or so 300s we have 3 more 800s coming in the next 30 days bringing the NG count nearly to 10 off the top of my head.

A 737 type allows you to fly all of them, you get differences training, in the end it’s all the same, just different weights, speeds etc. it’s no biggie.

We have training pay during training, $2700 a month plus per diem while you are at training. You don’t get put on guarantee till you get signed off of Oe, same thing applies to captains, no CA pay till you’re signed off, you’ll just be on training pay as a new hire regardless of seat.

If you’re hired on as a captain you will do all your training as a captain. As an FO you will come back to upgrade after.
wholly crap, are those pay scales right? Those CA rates look like our FO rates. I guess Mesa and Sun Country are bringing everybody down these days.
Quote: wholly crap, are those pay scales right? Those CA rates look like our FO rates. I guess Mesa and Sun Country are bringing everybody down these days.
I’m not following. Which company pay scales are you referring to?
Quote: wholly crap, are those pay scales right? Those CA rates look like our FO rates. I guess Mesa and Sun Country are bringing everybody down these days.

What scales are you looking at?

FO

CA

60hr MMG $1.97 per diem
Quote:
$1.97 per diem
Denny’s or IHOP?
Maybe Applebee’s if you take the ice tea refills.
Ran into a Captain for iAero, talking to him he made it sound like they are actively looking for FO’s. He also said he was very confident they would hire someone with less than the 2500 hrs total they have listed as long as they had their ATP and turbine time. Since I fall into that category, I’m curious- does that sound accurate?
Quote: Ran into a Captain for iAero, talking to him he made it sound like they are actively looking for FO’s. He also said he was very confident they would hire someone with less than the 2500 hrs total they have listed as long as they had their ATP and turbine time. Since I fall into that category, I’m curious- does that sound accurate?
Probably, although with those hours you should probably apply somewhere better.
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28 
Page 18 of 46
Go to