Scheduling will bankrupt the company.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Quote: There's lots of hourly workers who support the operation. Even cheap gas isn't "basically free". It costs money to operate an aircraft, outside of gas. There's time sensitive parts and inspections. A skeleton schedule is one thing, but airlines all of the US have been flying normal schedules for almost a week. We're just now getting to the point of winding down to the skeleton schedule.
There is a reason for that. If the flight is canceled all prior booking revenue has to be returned to the passengers. If the flight operates the airline keeps that revenue and the passengers may or may not be allowed to rebook to a later date. That is why airlines are slow to pull down flights but heading to May advance bookings will be much less of a factor.
Quote: yes, I’m a bot
One of them Russian bots that attacked the DNC?
Quote: There is a reason for that. If the flight is canceled all prior booking revenue has to be returned to the passengers. If the flight operates the airline keeps that revenue and the passengers may or may not be allowed to rebook to a later date. That is why airlines are slow to pull down flights but heading to May advance bookings will be much less of a factor.
Except that every airline I can think of has waived change and cancellation penalties for the current time period. Very few, if any customers should be eating the cost of an unused (and thereby allowing the airline to fully keep those dollars) ticket right now.
Quote: Except that every airline I can think of has waived change and cancellation penalties for the current time period. Very few, if any customers should be eating the cost of an unused (and thereby allowing the airline to fully keep those dollars) ticket right now.
are they given cash refunds or credit?
Quote: Except that every airline I can think of has waived change and cancellation penalties for the current time period. Very few, if any customers should be eating the cost of an unused (and thereby allowing the airline to fully keep those dollars) ticket right now.
I would google the issue on the news. Change and cancellation penalties are only waived on recent ticket purchases. The airlines are fine with changes. What they are not happy about is having to give the money back.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/feds-come-rescue-flyers-hardball-200028686.html
OT just had two identical rotations pop up. On is for AB, the other is just B. I’m wondering if they have multiple schedulers working on the same tasks independently or this is deliberate. And still seeing rotations with a DH down and operate back while there is another that has operate down and DH back. Clearly, payroll is not a oncern.
Quote: OT just had two identical rotations pop up. On is for AB, the other is just B. I’m wondering if they have multiple schedulers working on the same tasks independently or this is deliberate. And still seeing rotations with a DH down and operate back while there is another that has operate down and DH back. Clearly, payroll is not a oncern.
Most people are not going to hit monthly garauntee anyway, so right now they seem to be just trying to get a crew on the few flights that move and then addressing the next flight they have to, not caring about optimizing anything right now.
Case in point: (3) LAX 320 b GS just went out for tomorow with me 23k eligible for all 3 trips but not assigned. I'm sure that I wasn't the only 23k pilot sitting on the bench. Trust me, I'm ok with staying home and not working in the flightdeck/DH/van ride petri dish but it seems this seems remarkably irresponsible on the part of crew skeds.
There are 3 CA's and 3 FO's on my next 737 4-day rotation. One of the CA's WS'ed it.

Other than 1 leg where 1 CA is flying and the other 2 are DH'ing we are all on an identical rotation.

How ill this one work? Who will fly? Fight club?

This is somehow saving money?
Super drink off!
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to