Training

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 5 of 8
Go to
Quote: Don't bet on the OE part. January new hires still are waiting to finish OE.
Ahh, fair point. I should have said make it to OE, not finish....
Quote: For those in the pool...any word on when youd see a class, or just "we'll call ya when this is over" type thing? You have to wonder what the outlook will be like for poolies after the CARES act limitations end in Sept..
I'm curious to this as well. I got the CJO phone call from Spirit last month right as things started to go downhill and was placed in the pool. Now last week I find myself on furlough from my current company (corporate). Part of me is wanting to call Miramar and let them know I can be in one of the few remaining classes ASAP if a spot opens up, as I am a SoFla local. I would think that there are many wanting to trade their class date for a spot in the pool, so that they won't go from the top of their seniority list to the bottom of another. I know they much have bigger fish to fry other than 'lil minnow me swimming in the pool though.

I don't want to come off naive of what's coming in up in October. I just feel like I'm in career no-mans-land and wishful thinking of getting on board and a seniority number.
Quote: I'm curious to this as well. I got the CJO phone call from Spirit last month right as things started to go downhill and was placed in the pool. Now last week I find myself on furlough from my current company (corporate). Part of me is wanting to call Miramar and let them know I can be in one of the few remaining classes ASAP if a spot opens up, as I am a SoFla local. I would think that there are many wanting to trade their class date for a spot in the pool, so that they won't go from the top of their seniority list to the bottom of another. I know they much have bigger fish to fry other than 'lil minnow me swimming in the pool though.

I don't want to come off naive of what's coming in up in October. I just feel like I'm in career no-mans-land and wishful thinking of getting on board and a seniority number.
Do it. It can't hurt. Tell them you lost your job. Maybe they'll feel sorry for you and put you in a class.
Quote: Do it. It can't hurt. Tell them you lost your job. Maybe they'll feel sorry for you and put you in a class.

Just checked the vacancy bid, classes of April 13 and 20 already had people not show up from the 8 per class there was supposed to be, so I would say you could easily replace somebody... I'm sure it will keep happening... call them
Quote: I'm curious to this as well. I got the CJO phone call from Spirit last month right as things started to go downhill and was placed in the pool. Now last week I find myself on furlough from my current company (corporate). Part of me is wanting to call Miramar and let them know I can be in one of the few remaining classes ASAP if a spot opens up, as I am a SoFla local. I would think that there are many wanting to trade their class date for a spot in the pool, so that they won't go from the top of their seniority list to the bottom of another. I know they much have bigger fish to fry other than 'lil minnow me swimming in the pool though.

Probably also depends if you’ve submitted your background check info yet.
Quote: try November.......

hmmm my friend had a late Nov class date and was done OE in early-mid Feb
I guess those in the pool will just have to hope no furlough in Sept then(along with everyone else), if they get offered a class before Sept 31...why can’t it just be easy LOL!
Quote: (assuming the MAX remains the same type)
There is zero chance the MAX becomes a different type. That has never even been considered.
Quote: There is zero chance the MAX becomes a different type. That has never even been considered.
Indeed. There are some miraculous "same type rating" aircraft out there. Only way the max would end up with one is for optics.
Quote: Indeed. There are some miraculous "same type rating" aircraft out there. Only way the max would end up with one is for optics.
Agreed, which is not the same as saying it WON’T happen. A whole lot of things recently appear to have been done for optics.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 5 of 8
Go to