Sept Vacancy, Holy H*ll!!

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  22 
Page 12 of 25
Go to
Quote: Are you talking here about our transaction on 4/30? If so, it went better than expected. We sought $1.5B but secured $3.5B.
I thought Delta sought $3 Billion. Sold $3.5B in bonds (largest bond sale in airline history) and obtained an additional loan for $1.5B?
Quote: I thought Delta sought $3 Billion. Sold $3.5B in bonds (largest bond sale in airline history) and obtained an additional loan for $1.5B?

I had to look it up since I was hazy on the exact amounts. This is what I found:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/de...ght-2020-04-30
Quote: Exactly. Cheap debt is not a bad thing. And its not like we blew it on strippers and booze. We got something for it. New airplanes, new lounges and facilities, IT upgrades etc. All that investment was made for long term success and to earn profits. Again if we get through this dark horse event, I can see us coming out of this thing in a pretty good position.
“The women , How much for the women” ? I think that was Belushi but I can’t remember what movie 😂.
Quote: “The women , How much for the women” ? I think that was Belushi but I can’t remember what movie 😂.
“Cop shocks, cop motor, cop suspension. It’s got no catalytic converter so it runs good on regular gas. What do you think, is it the new Bluesmobile?” “Fix the lighter (chucks lighter plug out the window)”
Quote: “Cop shocks, cop motor, cop suspension. It’s got no catalytic converter so it runs good on regular gas. What do you think, is it the new Bluesmobile?” “Fix the lighter (chucks lighter plug out the window)”
I bet those cops have got SCMODS.
Low interest rates may help, staggering maturity schedules may help, but in the end, you need to pay back $30 BILLION+, and increasing. Before Covid, net margins were already small, as well as net cash flow. If Parker is going all in or bust (bankruptcy), it makes sense. If it is clear there is faint hope of coming out the other end, all or nothing makes total sense.

BTW, I just did the math, over $13 BILLION wasted in stock buybacks since 2014, cash wasted and invested at much higher amount (stock bought at much higher prices). All that money could of been put aside for a rainy day.
Quote:
BTW, I just did the math, over $13 BILLION wasted in stock buybacks since 2014, cash wasted and invested at much higher amount (stock bought at much higher prices). All that money could of been put aside for a rainy day.
That money loses value every single day when it's been put aside.
Could have paid off debt, paid cash for planes, or fully funded pensions. Instead they used it to prop up stock price for the CEO.
Quote: Low interest rates may help, staggering maturity schedules may help, but in the end, you need to pay back $30 BILLION+, and increasing. Before Covid, net margins were already small, as well as net cash flow. If Parker is going all in or bust (bankruptcy), it makes sense. If it is clear there is faint hope of coming out the other end, all or nothing makes total sense.

30B in actual debt not pension obligations. It behooves whoever AA owes to let the airline stay together and and produce. AA is worth more than the sum of its parts.

When pension debt is the driving factor they figure they can run over you. I doubt they run over whoever financed their airplanes.

The pilots certainly can't pay 30B no matter what happens to them, so status quo will prevail.
Quote: Could have paid off debt, paid cash for planes, or fully funded pensions. Instead they used it to prop up stock price for the CEO.
The government could punish him for that and let him go ch. 11 and likely 7 without aid, some in the peanut gallery say they should. Too bad about the jobs and careers of 100K plus employees, plus at least that many more contractors/vendors.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  22 
Page 12 of 25
Go to