Future of Aviate

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 48
Go to
JMO, but I would like to see the program gone. No need for it unless you are trying to get on family and friends. Plenty of pilots out there to choose from and maybe it won't be just the management mold. Maybe we wouldn't have so many ready to give things back when things get tough.
I don't understand why any of these programs were created in the first place in this era - plenty of already qualified and trained regional pilots looking for a job and United (and American) had to spend a crap ton of money creating this cadet program when there are already a ton of pilots on the streets? No wonder why they can't survive any crisis like what we're dealing with now!
Quote: I don't understand why any of these programs were created in the first place in this era - plenty of already qualified and trained regional pilots looking for a job and United (and American) had to spend a crap ton of money creating this cadet program when there are already a ton of pilots on the streets? No wonder why they can't survive any crisis like what we're dealing with now!
Regional feed was being bled dry. They wanted to keep the supply going to the regionals with the enticement of a job at UAL down the line.
Quote: Regional feed was being bled dry. They wanted to keep the supply going to the regionals with the enticement of a job at UAL down the line.
As it should’ve been. Didn’t seem to slow down the RJ growth or whipsaw though so must’ve been a manageable problem.

Take Aviate out back and shoot it like Ole Yeller.
Quote: As it should’ve been. Didn’t seem to slow down the RJ growth or whipsaw though so must’ve been a manageable problem.

Take Aviate out back and shoot it like Ole Yeller.
I sure agree with you Grumble!!! Get rid of it.
Quote: THIS. I look forward to resurrecting this thread next year after the Vaccine is out and the airlines are hiring gang-busters again.
what...?

#consideritresurrected
All furloughs should flow back to CFI jobs before outside hires
With United hiring again, anyone in Aviate receive a class date yet? If so, what is your decile and class date.
Are any of pilots from closed ALPA carriers having interviews?
Final review notices have been sent to two buddies who were in the old CPP. They are thinking that in the next couple of months they could get the call to transition over.
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 48
Go to