Vaccine Development Summary

Subscribe
29  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  49  89 
Page 39 of 113
Go to
Quote: Turns out they didn't execute the trade until late morning today

Sometimes you get an unexpected win. Good for you.
Quote: Turns out they didn't execute the trade until late morning today
Always better to be lucky than good. There are limits to how good you can be.

But don’t put your retirement in company stock.
Article on vaccine logistics.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...es-2020-11-08/
Quote: Article on vaccine logistics.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...es-2020-11-08/

Seriously. The military might be the only ones who could safely and effectively work the cold chain - at least in the CONUS. Well, Alaska in December may take care of itself....
Quote: Seriously. The military might be the only ones who could safely and effectively work the cold chain - at least in the CONUS. Well, Alaska in December may take care of itself....
No to mention the two-dose, 21-day process. It’s like anthrax vaccinations, see how well that worked.
Quote: I expected something like this today.

How did I know? I cashed out all of my company stock on Fri. Naturally that will cause airlines to jump 20% the next business day.
Preach, I did the same last Monday the stock I owned had jumped 30%, this is wall streets way of saying I should just stick to mutual funds haha
Moderna mRNA vaccine is said to have some data available soon with regards to efficacy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN27R1SO
Herd Immunity
Aren’t we basically on track for herd immunity within 4 years now? The full vaccine distribution will take 1.5 to 2. Averaging 140,000 registered cases a day. And that 10,000,000 total doesn’t even count the people who have had it and had no idea. Or the people that felt odd for a day or so. Only people who tested for it.

What happened to the ten times registered cases WHO estimate? Wouldn’t that be 1/3 the US population so far? I’ve unfortunately fell into too many conspiracies about all this. But honestly, the vaccine has always been “three months away” and Fauci is always giving warnings if we don’t change course etc. “Stay inside, another wave is coming. Surge... surge SURGE!!!” I’m starting to feel like a sheep with all this and I don’t like it.

Is it not interesting to anyone else that every mainstream news source has articles trashing herd immunity?? Maybe its a wrong idea but that’s a little too on the nose. Why do they have such an obvious vendetta against even discussing its feasibility?
Quote: Aren’t we basically on track for herd immunity within 4 years now? The full vaccine distribution will take 1.5 to 2. Averaging 140,000 registered cases a day. And that 10,000,000 total doesn’t even count the people who have had it and had no idea. Or the people that felt odd for a day or so. Only people who tested for it.

What happened to the ten times registered cases WHO estimate? Wouldn’t that be 1/3 the US population so far? I’ve unfortunately fell into too many conspiracies about all this. But honestly, the vaccine has always been “three months away” and Fauci is always giving warnings if we don’t change course etc. “Stay inside, another wave is coming. Surge... surge SURGE!!!” I’m starting to feel like a sheep with all this and I don’t like it.

Is it not interesting to anyone else that every mainstream news source has articles trashing herd immunity?? Maybe its a wrong idea but that’s a little too on the nose. Why do they have such an obvious vendetta against even discussing its feasibility?
There are four other common human coronaviruses that circulate and cause colds. Once you are exposed to any of these you are resistant to reinfection - but for only about nine months. Most animal coronavirus infections appear to give about the same period of resistance. It is possible that duration might be increased with a COVID-19 vaccine, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
Quote: There are four other common human coronaviruses that circulate and cause colds. Once you are exposed to any of these you are resistant to reinfection - but for only about nine months. Most animal coronavirus infections appear to give about the same period of resistance. It is possible that duration might be increased with a COVID-19 vaccine, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
Likely. Vaccine doses are tailored to produce the desired immune response levels, which is often better than the response typically acquired in a natural infection. Mild natural cases might get a weaker immune response since the immune systems work is done quickly, while serious cases might get a better response. Vaccines designers try to level the playing field on that. Upper limit is the point where higher doses start producing unacceptable side effects of vaccination.

But even a 6-month-duration covid vaccine would be better than nothing... would enable a recovery, with cumbersome logistics, but buy time for better vaccines.
29  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  49  89 
Page 39 of 113
Go to