TA Discussion

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53 
Page 3 of 60
Go to
OK, everyone brace yourself for more nutjob conspiracy theories to be posted here than you have ever seen before concentrated together in one internet bulletin board.
No voluntary furlough?!
Quote: Easy no for me, but will watch the continued race to bankruptcy and Insler rise in the alpa organization.
16-3 is a pretty good vote rate for this TA, are all the MEC members bought out by Insler?

The language in this TA specifically states if the company files bankruptcy, this LOA is cancelled and we go back to our current contract language, so whats this race about?
Quote: No voluntary furlough?!
Not that I can see. That's a deal-breaker for me. Maybe the assumption is that we'll likely furlough in June and they'd be available then?
Quote: It’s very possible I’m reading it wrong, but I am seeing a 63 hour mpg if we are above 50% of our block hours for a given bid period. 10% of 70 hrs MPG = 7, so unless we dip below 50% block hours, in which case many more than 3900 of us are f-ed, I’m seeing a 10% cut. Obviously the lines are to be slimmer than usual, but that is going to be the case either way.

if you are senior in your BES and were not displaced, I could totally understand a NO vote… If you are in the top 2/3rds and got a displacement letter, I’m having a hard time seeing how this is a net negative in pay for (the proverbial) you.

Please tell me if I’ve got that wrong. I’m trying to understand the implications for the entire group
I’m willing to bet if this passes, the company will schedule block hours in the lowest area (40% or less)
Quote: How can you reach that conclusion? Pre-Covid I made 83-90 hours per month. Now, 73. With this agreement, apparently ~52.

***Just came in and read this thread. I have not yet read the letter.
The TA includes the oldmako paradox provision.
(Allows an early-out for you, if voted in)
I know its not 5 o'clock yet, but go ahead.
Quote: Not that I can see. That's a deal-breaker for me. Maybe the assumption is that we'll likely furlough in June and they'd be available then?
Looks like anyone can take a COLA with active benefits if it passes.
Quote: I’m willing to bet if this passes, the company will schedule block hours in the lowest area (40% or less)
To what end? if they are offering this, vs a much cheaper alternative of furloughing thousands, why would they intentionally fly less than our competition?
Quote: 16-3 is a pretty good vote rate for this TA, are all the MEC members bought out by Insler?

The language in this TA specifically states if the company files bankruptcy, this LOA is cancelled and we go back to our current contract language, so whats this race about?
Thats the direction the company is headed, Insler sorry you can have him
Quote: Looks like anyone can take a COLA with active benefits if it passes.
Correct, but only up to 24 months. Some people were really counting on bypass rights.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53 
Page 3 of 60
Go to