How long will it last?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 30
Go to
Without unnecessary doom and gloom just for doom's sake, realistically I see recalls starting around fall of 2021. At a rate of 100 per month, give or take..that's roughly 16 months for all furloughs to be recalled from the moment recalls begin. So about a year on furlough for guys at the top of the 1600. About 2.5 years for guys at the bottom.

Assuming we don't get any kind of stimulus, which is looking very likely at any time.
Quote: Without unnecessary doom and gloom just for doom's sake, realistically I see recalls starting around fall of 2021. At a rate of 100 per month, give or take..that's roughly 16 months for all furloughs to be recalled from the moment recalls begin. So about a year on furlough for guys at the top of the 1600. About 2.5 years for guys at the bottom.

Assuming we don't get any kind of stimulus, which is looking very likely at any time.
Different airline, but does anybody know roughly what % turn down first recall, and what % never return? I know a few at my current carrier who’ve already left permanently.
Quote: Without unnecessary doom and gloom just for doom's sake, realistically I see recalls starting around fall of 2021. At a rate of 100 per month, give or take..that's roughly 16 months for all furloughs to be recalled from the moment recalls begin. So about a year on furlough for guys at the top of the 1600. About 2.5 years for guys at the bottom.

I'm all for healthy skepticism, but the rate of 100/mo is only applicable if you're sending all recalls through a long course again. The questions was asked and answered a few months ago. If you're only out for 1 year, the training footprint is only an additional day or two beyond the normal recurrent footprint. I don't recall how it changes after that, but the point is that it's not bandwidth limited to 100/mo if they recall in 2021.
Never mind, folks. F my life. Tweeter in chief just burned all of us.
Sure looks like financial CFIT.
Quote: Never mind, folks. F my life. Tweeter in chief just burned all of us.

Hes just trying to look relevant in any way possible.

wow
Quote: Hes just trying to look relevant in any way possible.
^^ This. It's an attempt to get attention in the media and change the narrative. He thinks he'll look strong/tough by doing this as a negotiating tactic; it's his style. I wouldn't say it is over.
Quote: ^^ This. It's an attempt to get attention in the media and change the narrative. He thinks he'll look strong/tough by doing this as a negotiating tactic; it's his style. I wouldn't say it is over.
And who suffers in the mean time??? That's correct. The people.
We still have the separate Airline Relief Bill which has enough support in both houses to pass. So it's not entirely over for us. They just need to put this for a vote quick.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 30
Go to