Regional Hiring Qualifications Question

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Do not buy a twin for time building purposes. They are absolute money pits.
Quote: Do not buy a twin for time building purposes. They are absolute money pits.
Yeah-. It seems they are becauae the last two people I talked to that are selling them say they are sick of putting money into them.

I have almost 15 hours of multi right now. I think it will be cheaper to suck up 10 more hours of renting one. Hopefully I can find someone to split the time with one of us under the hood.
Quote: Yeah-. It seems they are becauae the last two people I talked to that are selling them say they are sick of putting money into them.

I have almost 15 hours of multi right now. I think it will be cheaper to suck up 10 more hours of renting one. Hopefully I can find someone to split the time with one of us under the hood.
Consider getting your MEI if you are a CFI. The checkride is not very hard and you won't need much training for it either. Doesn't hurt to have it.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Quote: I think the better option is to stay in the current career and hope hiring returns to 2019 levels where CFIs are getting scooped up before they even hit minimums sooner rather than later. I might not be on the front end of the wave, but I guess it comes down to how (more) much I want to invest.
I agree.

When they start hiring they will scoop up the furloughed regional pilots first.

Second will be the entry level people who already paid for everything themselves.

Then everyone else.

How long do you think it will take them to hire that second wave of people who have already paid for everything? Prob not very long, maybe 6 months? I’d be willing to sacrifice 6 months of seniority to put everything back on them to pay for
Quote: How long do you think it will take them to hire that second wave of people who have already paid for everything? Prob not very long, maybe 6 months? I’d be willing to sacrifice 6 months of seniority to put everything back on them to pay for
Two weeks of seniority once cost me YEARS of degraded QOL. Six months can make a very large difference on a seniority ladder, and often does. If financially feasible, I'd be as ready as you can be for things to pick up again... those who are most ready catch the front of the wave.
Quote: Do not buy a twin for time building purposes. They are absolute money pits.
This might be good advice in a general sense, but there are exceptions. That right twin could be bought, flown for a year (enough time to acquire a couple 100 hours) and sold for close to the original investment in a short term. Another option is to place it on leaseback with a flight school to recoup costs. Twins are getting harder and harder to find at flight schools so there could be a lot of rental revenue there, enough to offset costs.
Quote: Two weeks of seniority once cost me YEARS of degraded QOL. Six months can make a very large difference on a seniority ladder, and often does. If financially feasible, I'd be as ready as you can be for things to pick up again... those who are most ready catch the front of the wave.
IF, it’s only six months. What if it’s 2 years? Six months is the blink of an eye, just think about what hiring was like a year ago.

Like the event horizon of a black hole, give up all hope, ye who enter here...
Singularity of money
Its so cute that you guys think its coming back. ITS NEVER COMING BACK. LOL
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to