Bankruptcy

Subscribe
View Poll Results: Will AA declare bankruptcy?
Yes
70.65%
No
29.35%
Voters: 310. You may not vote on this poll
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  61  101  151 
Page 51 of 153
Go to
Quote: Except this is a four year look back rather than a 1 month look back, as are the charts showing net income. That’s a little harder to write off as a blip comparing a pandemic month to a non pandemic (or at least substantially recovered) month. As I’m sure you are aware, Rick.

Do you truly believe that an $8.45 Billion loss is trivial and will have no effect on operations on a company that had less profit than that in the preceding 4 non-pandemic years combined? Truthfully?

And yeah, they are nowhere near their authorized shares - they can sell more - up to twice more their current number

but how many companies do you know that are anywhere close to their authorized limit - which they set themselves at incorporation? And how do you figure selling more stock doesn’t lead to more stock dilution, which was the issue to begin with?
No, I don't think the debt is trivial. I was commenting about presentation of info.

The number of outstanding shares graph doesn't mean much if you don't know the authorized number. 420M to 640M might be a shift from 5% outstanding to 8% outstanding. Or it could be shift from 65% outstanding to 100%. Also matters what % of the total company equity is actually authorized.... if it's 20%, then no biggy even if it's all outstanding (I know AA is higher than that, it's just an example).

Also the graph scale is shifted up from the zero, so at first glance it looks like a bigger jump than it is.
Quote: I merely post facts.
So does CNN or Fox News. It's the intent behind the facts that generate the response. It's APC - people are free to troll however they wish. But others are also free to call out the massive insecurity that's behind such posts.
Quote: So does CNN or Fox News. It's the intent behind the facts that generate the response. It's APC - people are free to troll however they wish. But others are also free to call out the massive insecurity that's behind such posts.
And those who do ad hominem attacks in response to facts are indeed insecure, both in their own understanding of facts and their own ability to make a cogent case in the marketplace of ideas.
Quote: No, I don't think the debt is trivial. I was commenting about presentation of info.

The number of outstanding shares graph doesn't mean much if you don't know the authorized number. 420M to 640M might be a shift from 5% outstanding to 8% outstanding. Or it could be shift from 65% outstanding to 100%. Also matters what % of the total company equity is actually authorized.... if it's 20%, then no biggy even if it's all outstanding (I know AA is higher than that, it's just an example).
But if the issue is share dilution, which it was, going from 420 to 640 really tells you all you need to know since share dilution is a proportion, not an absolute value.

Quote:
Also the graph scale is shifted up from the zero, so at first glance it looks like a bigger jump than it is.
And clearly, since you were able to read the numbers, the shifted baseline of the graph was no big impediment to get the information across.
Cogent case in the marketplace of ideas? That's some lofty language for someone that does nothing but cut and paste from websites.
Quote: Cogent case in the marketplace of ideas? That's some lofty language for someone that does nothing but cut and paste from websites.
And even for an ad hominem attack that’s pretty weak..
care to comment on long term debt?
Or share dilution?
Quote: And even for an ad hominem attack that’s pretty weak..
care to comment on long term debt?
Or share dilution?
Crying about ad hominem is trolling 101. You bury threads with the same information over and over to push your agenda, and when people refuse to engage you say it's because we can't refute the 'facts'. If you were coming at this more honestly I think you'd see people willing to spend the time to respond. But your motives are clear so most won't put in the effort. I've already wasted too much of my time responding as it is. Enjoy your trolling!
Shared Ilyushins? So we are merging with Cubana?
Man, this bankruptcy sucks.
How much is Delta lose last year? A lot more than American.
Quote: How much is Delta lose last year? A lot more than American.
indeed, the difference being that they had been consistently profitable since 2009, had less debt, and more reserves.

DELTA Net income by year

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/Data_E...al.aspx?Data=7

Delta also has a BB+ bond rating vs a B- for American, meaning their debt service costs are less proportionally even for the debt they do have.
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  61  101  151 
Page 51 of 153
Go to