MIA base closing 4/1

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 14 of 14
Go to
Quote: Nothing that I have heard but it would be shocking if that were the case. This company LOOOOVES CMH for some reason.
I swear I saw something about us moving into a larger hangar there. I thought it was CMH, anyway.
Quote: Sadly that's not the case. "The FAA has determined to extend through October 30, 2021, the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)-related limited waiver of the minimum slot usage requirement at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) that the FAA already has made available through March 27, 2021."
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...R6VQ0KGLqJpiCB
ironically I actually saw that a few hours after I posted and couldn’t edit it. However, something must be up for them to be pushing that many crews up there.
Quote: ironically I actually saw that a few hours after I posted and couldn’t edit it. However, something must be up for them to be pushing that many crews up there.
There’s no plan. They’re strictly doing this on a whim and hoping that travel comes back by spring break. This was said in the Qrp podcast.
Quote: There’s no plan. They’re strictly doing this on a whim and hoping that travel comes back by spring break. This was said in the Qrp podcast.
Exactly this.
Writing is on the wall, at least with AA. LGA is going to become a superbase of reserves with a bunch of disgruntled Jr. CAs/FOs displaced from the other bases. Crashpad owners in Queens are going to make out like bandits.

Again, this is the perfect airline if you live within 2 hours of LGA. Otherwise you would be wise to apply elsewhere.
Quote: There’s no plan. They’re strictly doing this on a whim and hoping that travel comes back by spring break. This was said in the Qrp podcast.
Kinda feels like Republic management doesn’t actually have a clue, you’d think they’d be staffing ORD like IND or CMH. It still amazes me that ORD has 80+ departures a day vs LGAs 4 and management STILL thought it was a good idea to send 90% of the MIA base to LGA.... just comical at this point. It’s like they’re throwing as much sh*t at the wall as they can to see what sticks. Can’t imagine our partners will put up with us deadheading all those useless crew members around the system for too long....
Quote: Writing is on the wall, at least with AA. LGA is going to become a superbase of reserves with a bunch of disgruntled Jr. CAs/FOs displaced from the other bases. Crashpad owners in Queens are going to make out like bandits.

Again, this is the perfect airline if you live within 2 hours of LGA. Otherwise you would be wise to apply elsewhere.
And DL... and UA soon to follow but in EWR. Republic will be the northeast regional. That’s it.
Quote: Don’t believe we ever had MX at IAH, but we most certainly had MX in MCI, which closed in the spring of 2016. Not sure if it ever supported the 175 though. Might’ve only been MX for the Q400.

It did support all fleets (320, Q, 170/190) except 145s
Press F for all those involuntarily displaced
F

filler
4  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 14 of 14
Go to