New Hire Thread

Subscribe
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  31  71  121 
Page 21 of 138
Go to
Quote: Can someone tell me roughly how long to hold CVG and what their short call out period is?
Immediately if you get the 900. 18 month seat lock if you’re stuck with the 200. It’s impossible to predict what you’ll get in class so good luck.
Quote: Are you in the Facebook group? There's a calculator someone posted that helps. But if you're a new hire it's going to be whatever is left over after this bid closes basically
Not in the Facebook group, just got the CJO last week. Can't join the Facebook group until you have a employee ID.
Quote: 900 cvg asap.. Call out period is 1:45
thank you!
Quote: Not in the Facebook group, just got the CJO last week. Can't join the Facebook group until you have a employee ID.
Then it's too soon to tell. The last class got all 900 and a mix of every base.

If you want some good insight, check out the endeavor mec podcast . Most recent one had the DO on and they talked at great length about a lot of things, including class makeup
https://endeavormec.podbean.com/
Any suggestions on what cockpit bag I may need to buy? What size fits on the side or behind the seat? Any company specifications like color or size? My previous company issued standard bags to all crews, hence made it easier.
Quote: Any suggestions on what cockpit bag I may need to buy? What size fits on the side or behind the seat? Any company specifications like color or size? My previous company issued standard bags to all crews, hence made it easier.
Oh my God.... This is like asking what kind of shoes you should wear to college... Whatever you like, but my guess is you'll go through more than one before it's over.

I've got 5 "flight bags" depending on situation.
  • Quick turn headset/ipad bag
  • Short trip day bag
  • Short trip cooler bag
  • Long trip cooler bag
  • Large flight bag (for a multiple bag setup)

There are some great ones from Aerocoast I loveTravelproLuggage WorksBright line
just see what's out there and think about what you would like to have in a bag with you during flight. Lay it all out and then start seeing what it'll fit in.

The Aerocoast jetpack is a good bigger bag, they've got great coolers too.

If you live near a crew outfitters try dropping in. I feel like the off site ATL location has the biggest selection.
​​​​​
Quote: Any suggestions on what cockpit bag I may need to buy? What size fits on the side or behind the seat? Any company specifications like color or size? My previous company issued standard bags to all crews, hence made it easier.
Black. It's gotta be black.
Quote: This is amazing, at least commuting should be relatively easy for my first year. Thank you!
Just want to make sure I understood this correctly...the positive space commute is gone in November 2022... barring no changes that are instituted?
Thanks
Nothing really fits behind the seat. You can do it if you have a tight commute and have to book it after the last leg, but it isn't comfortable. You're going to want to store it in the overhead bins. If you get the 200, you're gonna have a bad time. ~90% of the pilots have Luggageworks or Strongbags.
Quote: I've got 5 "flight bags" depending on situation.
  • Quick turn headset/ipad bag
  • Short trip day bag
  • Short trip cooler bag
  • Long trip cooler bag
  • Large flight bag (for a multiple bag setup)
​​​​​
”casual interest”
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  31  71  121 
Page 21 of 138
Go to