DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
244  294  334  340  341  342  343  344  345  346  347  348  354  394  444 
Page 344 of 506
Go to
Vaccine Requirement for new hires
Are new hires required to get the covid shot before starting indoc?
Quote: Are new hires required to get the covid shot before starting indoc?
Yes. Unless you qualify for a waiver. Some states don’t require vaccines, some religious etc.
Training Pay
Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but I couldn’t find it. Does anyone know what new hires are paid during training? When do you switch from training pay to year one pay? Is the new contract going to change new hire training pay at all?

Also, could someone confirm that your hotel is paid for in ATL during training?

Thanks!
Quote: Are new hires required to get the covid shot before starting indoc?
Contact USFF for more information.
Quote: Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but I couldn’t find it. Does anyone know what new hires are paid during training? When do you switch from training pay to year one pay? Is the new contract going to change new hire training pay at all?

Thanks!
Currently training pay is just a salary of~$5000/month. I won't go into all the gritty details because it will change when the TA passes.

The new setup will be 2:30 of pay for every day from day 1 of indoc until the last day of IOE. This will be paid at the first year pay rate. So if you're in training for a full 30 day month that'll net you 75 hours @ $108.34, or $8125.5/month.

Just an added note: unlike AA, you get your 16% company 401k contribution starting day 1, so an extra $1300 in compensation on top of the $8125 (and it's fully vested).
Another note: unlike UA, a new hire pilot is eligible to earn profit sharing on every dollar earned starting day 1, assuming the company is profitable that year.
Quote: Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but I couldn’t find it. Does anyone know what new hires are paid during training? When do you switch from training pay to year one pay? Is the new contract going to change new hire training pay at all?

Thanks!
Hotel is paid for during indoc and training
Uniform is paid for as well, but you'll have to pay for your first set of brass (hat emblem, name, extra wings). You'll get your first set of wings after indoc at the Wing Ceremony 'Delta Prom'
Quote: Yes. Unless you qualify for a waiver. Some states don’t require vaccines, some religious etc.
It's reprehensible that DAL is requiring that **** be injected into anyone.
Quote: It's reprehensible that DAL is requiring that **** be injected into anyone.
It’s be fun to live in a world of double standards.
Anyone else who got the 1/21 "top tier" email still waiting on it or is it just me? I know a few who got the email a week or two after I did and have already received the assessment and set up interviews. Hoping I am not lost in the matrix....
Quote: Anyone else who got the 1/21 "top tier" email still waiting on it or is it just me? I know a few who got the email a week or two after I did and have already received the assessment and set up interviews. Hoping I am not lost in the matrix....
Still waiting as well. I wouldn't read too far into it. A lot of times hiring departments try to align interviews/classes with specific mixes of backgrounds, experience, etc.. I think someone also mentioned that it could be up to a month before receiving the assessment email from the point you go the "top tier" email according to someone they spoke with at the last conference.
244  294  334  340  341  342  343  344  345  346  347  348  354  394  444 
Page 344 of 506
Go to