Attrition

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23  63  113 
Page 13 of 394
Go to
Quote: I mean true manual, not dual clutch, flappy paddle shift in milliseconds type of wizardry 😂
Even the new manuals aren't really true manuals. Lots of rev matching. And the new M3, (apparently) you can keep the accelerator mashed in, not touch the clutch, and change the gear from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd and it will go automatically itself.

Don't get me wrong, my next car (at midlife crisis) will be a manual. Brand New. Buy now, keep forever. CA won't even be selling gas cars after 2035 anyway and manual trannies are fast disappearing. I'm 37 now, thinking of doing it at 40.

Short list (manuals ONLY), brand new, no particular order:

M3
Challenger Hellcat
Camaro ZL1
Mustang GT350

I think that's about it. Any other new (2021, 2022) powerful cars that have a manual transmission?
Thought about getting a new JL but the 2001 TJ that I got during my midlife crisis is still going strong. Don’t know if the manual transmission in a JL would be a real one or not. So maybe not.

I’ll probably teach my kid how to drive a stick in the TJ
Quote: Even the new manuals aren't really true manuals. Lots of rev matching. And the new M3, (apparently) you can keep the accelerator mashed in, not touch the clutch, and change the gear from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd and it will go automatically itself.

Don't get me wrong, my next car (at midlife crisis) will be a manual. Brand New. Buy now, keep forever. CA won't even be selling gas cars after 2035 anyway and manual trannies are fast disappearing. I'm 37 now, thinking of doing it at 40.

Short list (manuals ONLY), brand new, no particular order:

M3
Challenger Hellcat
Camaro ZL1
Mustang GT350

I think that's about it. Any other new (2021, 2022) powerful cars that have a manual transmission?
Don't forget the new Cadillac CT5-V (and 4) Blackwing. 668hp supercharged manual luxury sedan.
The CT4/5-V Blackwings are getting *really* good reviews.

The 4 is closer to a M3, the 5 closer to a M5.
Quote: Thought about getting a new JL but the 2001 TJ that I got during my midlife crisis is still going strong. Don’t know if the manual transmission in a JL would be a real one or not. So maybe not.

I’ll probably teach my kid how to drive a stick in the TJ

The JL Wrangler is available with a real manual, only available with the V6 engine.
Ohhh car talk! I love car talk.

I’m going the other direction, I have an electric car on order (not a Tesla). Having driven several in the past year I fell in love.
Quote: Ohhh car talk! I love car talk.

I’m going the other direction, I have an electric car on order (not a Tesla). Having driven several in the past year I fell in love.
you’ll want to take that to the golf cart talk. Not the car talk.
Quote: Don't forget the new Cadillac CT5-V (and 4) Blackwing. 668hp supercharged manual luxury sedan.
Quote: The CT4/5-V Blackwings are getting *really* good reviews.

The 4 is closer to a M3, the 5 closer to a M5.

Ah yes, should be in the list.

Though if I’m reading correctly, this is a limited run (maybe 1-2 yrs only)?
Gas is dead if you’re talking about speed. If you’re towing something with any kind of range that’s different.

Talking about a new gasser sport coupe is like telling kids what a pager was. And mentioning anything made by GM as good is equally as silly. Could be worse though, could be talking about a Chrysler product and then you may as well just give me your money so I can set it on fire for you.
Quote: Ohhh car talk! I love car talk.

Which one? VW? Mustang?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23  63  113 
Page 13 of 394
Go to