Day off definitions: saga continues

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 14
Go to
Quote: How are you crediting that much with that many days off?! I'm a 2nd year FO at edv avg 12 days off as a line holder and only made 75k this year. Blocked 550hrs.
He didn’t. Despite what he thinks, a reserve day where you didn’t get used is NOT a day off. It may feel like a day off, but it unequivocally is not.
Quote: He didn’t. Despite what he thinks, a reserve day where you didn’t get used is NOT a day off. It may feel like a day off, but it unequivocally is not.
This is not true. Most people at Delta bid reserve on the WB because they get unused on LC which is, effectively, a day off.

Most people in the spring of 2020 didn't get used on reserve for whole months. Are you trying to tell me they shouldn't consider unused time as time off?
Quote: Are you trying to tell me they shouldn't consider unused time as time off?
I feel like I was pretty clear. If you’re on call, you’re not off. How is that confusing?

You yourself even had to qualify it with “effectively.” Is it almost the same as being off? Yes. Is it kinda like being off? Yes. Is it actually off? No.
Quote: I feel like I was pretty clear. If you’re on call, you’re not off. How is that confusing?
If I'm on a 12 hour leash for 7 straight days and no one calls, those 7 days are, effectively, paid time off.
Quote: This is not true. Most people at Delta bid reserve on the WB because they get unused on LC which is, effectively, a day off.

Most people in the spring of 2020 didn't get used on reserve for whole months. Are you trying to tell me they shouldn't consider unused time as time off?
Time off to me means completely free of any obligation to the company. Reserve days where a pilot doesn't fly don't count towards legal rest, and they sure don't count as time off in my eyes. Seems as though you see it differently, which is fine.
Quote: If I'm on a 12 hour leash for 7 straight days and no one calls, those 7 days are, effectively, paid time off.

Okay dude, have fun trolling.
Quote: Time off to me means completely free of any obligation to the company. Reserve days where a pilot doesn't fly don't count towards legal rest, and they sure don't count as time off in my eyes. Seems as though you see it differently, which is fine.
If I'm counting days I actually had to work, I absolutely ignore unused reserve days. If your contract allows long call reserve and people are able to bid during shoulder months so they don't get used, it's a contractual benefit. Just because you are technically "on call" doesn't mean you are working.
Quote: Time off to me means completely free of any obligation to the company. Reserve days where a pilot doesn't fly don't count towards legal rest, and they sure don't count as time off in my eyes. Seems as though you see it differently, which is fine.
While I agree res is not a day off (it’s not considered one in any contract and has a value attached to it) long call is a bit different. That is considered legal rest and needs to stay that way.
Quote:

Okay dude, have fun trolling.
Just because I disagree agree with your narrow definition of "days off" doesn't mean I'm trolling.
Quote: If I'm counting days I actually had to work, I absolutely ignore unused reserve days. If your contract allows long call reserve and people are able to bid during shoulder months so they don't get used, it's a contractual benefit. Just because you are technically "on call" doesn't mean you are working.
Who cares what you ‘consider days off’ lol. If you’re on call, you need to be contactable by your job and ready to come into work. That’s not a day off. That’s not even that enjoyable knowing your phone can ring at any second. Looking back in hindsight at your ‘days off’ doesn’t change this fact either. Give it a rest.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 14
Go to