Will a carrier folding stabilize things?

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 11
Go to
Quote:
also the supply of 110 seat aircraft is limited
They certainly aren’t cheap, but I imagine they’ll. Sell you as many as you want…

https://www.embraercommercialaviatio...ommercial-jet/
Quote: They certainly aren’t cheap, but I imagine they’ll. Sell you as many as you want…
/
long term yes

2022 nobody (probably not even delta) has the snb lift to wholesale replace regionals
So what impact does the 50-seat theory espoused in this thread have upon the LCCs?
Quote: So what impact does the 50-seat theory espoused in this thread have upon the LCCs?
there’s essentially zero overlap between exclusive 50 seat markets and U/LCC markets.
Quote: So what impact does the 50-seat theory espoused in this thread have upon the LCCs?
None. The LCC fly the same narrow body aircraft as the majors. Only difference is somewhat less pay, but a lot more than the regionals pay for 76 seat planes.
Quote: there’s essentially zero overlap between exclusive 50 seat markets and U/LCC markets.
Don’t know that I agree. You can probably replace at least some of the 50 seat flying with ULCC flying. Especially if reduced 50 seat flying opens up gates in hubs. Unless/Until business flying makes more of a rebound, the 550s and other scope workarounds are also under economic pressure.
Quote: Don’t know that I agree. You can probably replace at least some of the 50 seat flying with ULCC flying. Especially if reduced 50 seat flying opens up gates in hubs. Unless/Until business flying makes more of a rebound, the 550s and other scope workarounds are also under economic pressure.
"Exclusive 50 seat markets" = towns that only get 50 seat service. I don't think ULCC are gonna start serving Monroe LA or Hays KS
Quote: "Exclusive 50 seat markets" = towns that only get 50 seat service. I don't think ULCC are gonna start serving Monroe LA or Hays KS

Meh.. A couple of A319 loads could handle much of that nicely.
Quote: "Exclusive 50 seat markets" = towns that only get 50 seat service. I don't think ULCC are gonna start serving Monroe LA or Hays KS
Quote:

Maybe not HYS.... But Allegiant has provided service into OGS, Spirit has flown into PBG, Allegiant flies to MOT, etc etc. If the 50 seaters dry up in some places like MLU, mainlines and or LCCs WILL return. Delta used to run a mainline jet through MLU on a milk run, and it may happen again.
Quote:

More likely some 76 seaters. Then some places where 76 seaters service, then have A319. Both get decent service, and the net effect is fewer pilots, as the 50 seaters get phased out.
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 11
Go to