Page 1 of 26
Go to
https://www.wsj.com/video/series/she...C-9590C795BB88
Quote: https://www.wsj.com/video/series/she...C-9590C795BB88
Your article is behind a paywall.
File that video under:

“Things we all knew before”

But she was nice to look at
Well, I didn’t read the article (because I’m too cheap to pay for it), but simply responding to the headline,……. GOOD!!!! I’m glad that the media is ringing the bell of a potential pilot shortage, although I’m not confident that they’ll expose other, (equally as culpable), factors leading to it.

I believe that the 1500 hour rule is ONE of MANY factors leading to a pilot shortage. And I don’t see a problem with that!

High individual training costs, fewer military pilots, and a general lack of interest on the part of young adults in becoming anything other than a video game designer, a rapper, NBA sensation, or social media influencer all play a part in the potential for a shortage of qualified professional pilots.

We’ll know that there is a genuine shortage of pilots when commercial airlines begin lobbying the government to increase (or remove) the mandatory retirement age. As things currently stand, airlines appear all-to-happy to replace their older/expensive pilots with young/cheaper pilots.
Yet more proof that corporations are running this country, not the people. The 1500 hour rule is costing the airlines a ton of money which bleeds over into every industry. So it must go, safety be damned!

The WSJ is the #1 propaganda tool of corporations. It's the CNN of the corporate world.
Quote: The 1500 hour rule is costing the airlines a ton of money which bleeds over into every industry.
Except that the 1500 hour rule for 121 FOs was never about safety. This was known since the day it was implemented.
Increase the wages and people will come. Airlines pay for flight training in exchange for X many years of service. Many other ways to get pilots without cutting experience, but those two cost $$$... can't have that.
Quote: Increase the wages and people will come. Airlines pay for flight training in exchange for X many years of service. Many other ways to get pilots without cutting experience, but those two cost $$$... can't have that.
That’s plan B, this is the much easier and cheaper plan A.
Quote: Increase the wages and people will come. Airlines pay for flight training in exchange for X many years of service. Many other ways to get pilots without cutting experience, but those two cost $$$... can't have that.
This is exactly what the 1500hr rule did.

Get rid of it, and you'll have food stamp wage regional pay scales again. The 1500hr rule forced companies to actually pay a living wage to pilots, and boosted the rest of us up.
Student pilots and CFIs are ecstatic.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 26
Go to