Retention

Subscribe
21  61  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75 
Page 71 of 77
Go to
Quote: Ouch, 37% withheld from today’s retention check
Thats top tier tax bracket stuff. Any money after 523k is 37% and 40k times 24 pay periods is 960k. Look at it this way, when that taxible income for SS hits 145000 you max out meaning you get that sweet 6% pay raise.. until you get to 172k for married couples when it jumps 8% for every dollar after

Youre probably still getting a lot back.
It’s like the 2015-2016 era retention “withholding” debates all over. What’s old is new again!
Quote: It’s like the 2015-2016 era retention “withholding” debates all over. What’s old is new again!
Not completely. Unlike last time we weren’t given the option to put it in our 401k. Although with the Biden retirement plan, paying taxes is looking like the better option
Quote: It’s like the 2015-2016 era retention “withholding” debates all over. What’s old is new again!
You got that right, and even then people never figured it out. Just because something is withheld at that rate, doesn't mean that's what you end up paying the taxes as at the end of the year. You'll get it back, or you can do some fancy math and adjust your withholdings for the remainder of the year.
Unfortunately, union dues cannot be claimed on our taxes anymore. So that's where our loss is. ALPA has done very little over the years to earn anything.
Quote: I've known pilots who left their jobs for another with two or three days notice and some even no notice at all, and it never hurt them.
When a better employer comes along and needs you now, you just can't say no. In fact, you'd be a fool to say no. Two weeks notice could mean the difference between a CA slot or remaining an FO... a Line and Reserve etc.
There's a lot of competition for the good jobs right now, so don't be a sucker.
Nice guys sleep alone. Be a winner, bag the babe. The regionals are full of nice guys doing the right thing.
I disagree. It may work out and not hurt you but there’s a thing called integrity.. If the company your going too doesn’t respect you want to give a 2 week notice then maybe it’s not the right company.. It’s a professional standard not to leave your company high and dry.. It may come back to haunt you.. I probably wouldn’t hire you if I found out in the interview.. just saying!
Quote: Ouch, 37% withheld from today’s retention check
37%? That seems high. Do you file single or married joint or does that not matter?
Quote: 37%? That seems high. Do you file single or married joint or does that not matter?
22% for standard fed bonus withholding, 7.65% for FICA and Medicare, 1.85% for ALPA. It will be 31.5% plus whatever your state deducts.
Quote: Unfortunately, union dues cannot be claimed on our taxes anymore. So that's where our loss is. ALPA has done very little over the years to earn anything.
Done very little... Ha! Quite the opposite. Positions are open. Volunteer if you'd like to see more done.
Quote: 22% for standard fed bonus withholding, 7.65% for FICA and Medicare, 1.85% for ALPA. It will be 31.5% plus whatever your state deducts.
My total withholding counting everything came to 38.7%
21  61  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75 
Page 71 of 77
Go to